www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: DON'T use Speedmotoco.....  (Read 5531 times)

Offline SquadraCorse

Re: DON'T use Speedmotoco.....
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 22:31:34 »
jetsRus.com is rad for....well....jets. I've ordered from them lots of times and the service and shipping has been spot on.

Offline Wingspan

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Um...what?
    • T500 Build pics
DON'T use Speedmotoco.....
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 22:46:54 »
jetsRus.com is rad for....well....jets. I've ordered from them lots of times and the service and shipping has been spot on.

+1 if you need jets, they're the place to go.
1975 Suzuki T500
2008 Suzuki DL1000

States I've ridden my motorcycle to:

Offline MrMister

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 23:03:36 »
I hear you. I ordered a tail light from them about 3 months ago, never got it, so i started filing a dispute about a month ago, then they said they'll re-ship it. 2 weeks later and still waiting... Also noticed in their reply email that they had a completely different mailing address to a different country. So i replied directly to them asking about it, and havent recieved any response. Their service is useless.

Offline Sonreir

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Oregon
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 13:55:19 »
Received my item from speedmoto two days ago.  The item was sent Priority Mail on the 19th and only had to go 50 miles.  If I were to venture a guess, I'd say they didn't actually ship the item when they said they did.
Sparck Moto - http://www.sparckmoto.com

Audaces fortuna iuvat.

1977 Honda CJ360 - Café SOS - Stage One™, Café SOS - Stage Two™
1976 Puch Maxi - APuchalypse Now
Suzi T500 Cobra Resto

Custom Gauge Graphics
Custom Wiring Harnesses

DTT Red, White, and/or Black 360 Club - Better than those Blue guys

Offline TheChild

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2011, 14:13:48 »
They probably aren't shipping them direct, but subbing it out from the manufacturer or who ever.
MOUNTAIN MOTORSPORTS MARIETTA, GA 404-569-3522
OWN
2013 VICTORY HIGH BALL
2013 SUZUKI DRZ400S
1974 CB360 Brafe
196X Dream 305 x3
Owned
1975 GL1000 130 Mph
1978 CB550K
1979 XS750 Trip
1982 KZ550
1982 XS650 Bob

Offline Swagger

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Putting boot to ass since 1967!
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 15:19:51 »
Drop shipping is pretty common. If I were to add any counsel at all in this, it would be to remember that there really isn't any such thing as 'instant gratification' though we're all lead to expect it.

Waiting a couple weeks isn't a huge deal, just a few years ago that was quick.
.....there's no way that little rice cooker is going 100m/h when the work need to get up to those speeds includes a big fuck off fairing shaped like a giant cock. ~Staffy

Weiner tetanus is nothing to scoff at. ~JustinLonghorn

« Reply #16 on: Nov 24, 2015, 21:47:51 »
I'm in the process of installing a carb set for a DOHC cb750. Its a 2 into 4 mikuni kit, the one they specialize in for many bikes with a welded aluminum manifold. I find this company to be the weirdest damn thing. On the one hand, their manifold, which is superior to the only other challenger for that product, Cycle X's kit, is a finely built thing but then it came machined improperly. There was an edge that needed to be beveled and only on one small part was this machining done. I spent the better part of a day with a dremmel and a grinder getting the damn thing to fit into the intake boot. The kit also came with no instructions at all. I understand that it is a simple kit but I am a newbie and more aesthetic than mechanically inclined, nothing is obvious to me. There were several problems I had that a simple page of instruction could have rectified. Instead I stumbled through it myself, trial and error. When I first ordered he told me "Middle of next week." It took almost 3 weeks to get to me and like the opening post, I was not informed of this. He said he didn't have the right jets. When it came, one of the air filters was half smashed. It so happens I'm not using them and they're pointless anyways but if I was planning to utilize them, we'd have yet another problem. I bought them to avoid such carb trouble that I didn't have time for but instead I simply had different trouble than if I'd rejetted and rebuilt the awful stockers. Today I got the bike running with the carbs. Its not mobile so I cant assess power or power curve but it seems to be running like a gazelle on blow. But, I had to wait and call and call again and wait, then toil, then modify then toil then sit down and take a break. Here's the thing, I make my entire living in ecommerce. I 100% understand how hard it is to run their kind of operation smoothly. I if anyone will have empathy and understanding which I did. But I would expect to lose a customer whom I gave that experience. Even knowing their challenge, even being forgiving, I am not ok with how this whole $630 purchase has gone down. This company can be something great, they're not there yet. 

Offline Tune-A-Fish©

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • BOTM LOSER Proudly Deplorable
« Reply #17 on: Nov 24, 2015, 23:54:38 »
Typical drop ship story. We have computers now and first in first out counts inventory, the part should of been flagged out of stock or back order no excuses. Sales tactics need to be met with the best answer... don't buy from them again.
"I didn't come here and I ain't leavin"  Willie Nelson

"love hard, live fast, die fun" Kacey Musgraves

"Like a Wreckin Ball!" Eric Church

Offline cxman

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #18 on: Nov 25, 2015, 14:02:38 »
please contact me about your cb750 kit right away

i will get you what you need i have it all in stock

i sent you a pm
1978 CX650 Super Deluxe
1979 XS1100 Special
1974 xl350
1983 cx650 Custom
1973 cb750
1980 cb750
1981 cb650
1982 cb900 c
1974 kawasaki 350 bighorn
1983 GL1100 aspy full dress
1983 GL1100 Nekid
and a bunch of others

Offline swan

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Kickstart, shift on right, drum brakes and spokes
    • 1962 BSA Gold Star barn find restoration
« Reply #19 on: Nov 25, 2015, 14:40:14 »
I bought a part from Speedmotoco's Ebay site and they sent item that was a different color than what was pictured and what I paid for. I returned the item for a refund, bought the correct item elsewhere and left neutral feedback, which is what they deserved. They have since banned me from buying them. I have now spent more than $10,000 on motorcycle parts from other vendors.
1966 Triton cafe, 1962 BSA Gold Star DBD34, and 1966 T120 Triumph Bonneville.
BSA Gold Star barn find restoration
1975 CB400F Cafe Racer build
1966 Triumph Bonnevile restoration