Slipstream Cycle

www.moto-madness.com

www.caferacerxxx.com

www.oldschoolspeed.com

www.rustrev.com

www.bullitcustomcycles.com

DWMS Racing

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: 76 CB360, Of course...this sucks.  (Read 56858 times)

Offline ejb

Love the stretch. The red engine is my color but awesome that you did it. Is your battery between those K&N filters?

Offline Tyler Jay

• Wanna drag for some beers?
Re: SWING ARM STRETCH, 76 CB360, How do you like it???
« Reply #16 on: Aug 02, 2011, 01:42:42 »
I think the all red engine looks kinda funky.

Maybe some let some raw aluminum show through? Fins, stator cover, that kind of thing.

The swingarm looks good though.

I agree with this gent here. The red engine would be top-notch with some contrast and coloring detail. Right now it's a solid mass, break-up the bulk of red with some black and/or raw metal in spots to make it really stand out.
It's screaming "look at me, look at me! I'm pretty!" Pretty, but no personality.
Here is another example. Similar to a naked woman (or man, no matter how you swing the bat) looks great fully nude, however when you dress them up with some stockings and a garter belt it takes it to a whole new level of sexiness. It simply breaks up the continuous tone with contrast and therefore adds interest.

Love the extended swing-arm, the color palette, the seat. Looks rad man!

Offline PHeller

• My Blog

This is a good use of color on a engine (although I'm still not a big fan).

Although you painted the fins, the engine still looks like a big hunk of plastic. I know it was a lot of work painting the entire engine...and it'll be even more work stripping it, but you'll have a much better response to your bike, if thats what your looking for.

Offline jelloelstone

i love the stretch but not to fond of that red engine..... take the paint off all the little covers, wire wheel it then polish, file paint off the fins, itll make it look better in my books, maybe add a little black too. but if you like it then dont change it!
1981 Suzuki Gs400 "Melba Toast"
1975 Honda Cb125 "The Shot"

Offline Ritz cracker

the stretch looks great i dig the red chain and love the red motor.   if u put color in it with the red would be cool but my opinion is keep it all red i dig it also bike looks sexy ass hell nice build

Offline Ritz cracker

get a red lens for headlight to make it flow a little to the front top and i think it would be bad ass my 2 cents

Offline ctluba

I like the stretch!!! I also did 4 inches on the front of my stock swinger (I had it done, not me) and everybody always makes fun of it. I love it!!!

Yah, I know, I am post whore with photos. ;)

« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2011, 00:44:40 by ctluba »

Offline stsjo

I love the stretch and the Firestone tires, Looks Good!!!!!!!!
I have a 4"stretched swing arm in stock and cb360 on the back burnner.
I do have cl360.

Offline trek97

• Site Supporter
    • hondabrat.com
Added Tarozzi high rise bars.  I had to use high rise cause my old forks are tapered.  Lowered the gauges flush w triple tree.  lowered headlight.  removed fork boots.

Offline trek97

• Site Supporter
    • hondabrat.com

Ill be sure to wear my fire suit !!!
I had a productive morning. I got the tank sanded and fresh coat of paint sprayed,  sticking vinyl badges in morning (need to psyc myself up for sticking the stickers...I hate that.  I had my boy print me 8 of them.  to up the odds of getting two straight and without bubbles or wrinkles!!!) Then just waiting for clear coat to arrive.  fenders are primed.  paint in the morning.  NEW carb manifolds are on.  gonna stick carbs back on this eve.  Hazah! Hazah! Hazah! 
Do you use anything on the manifold gaskets?  The originals were dry without any sealer.  Im gonna put them on dry again.  No scraping or cussing sure makes it nice to disassemble.

Offline ProSimex

• Site Supporter
  • RUN SCREAMING!!!
I've never used anything on the carb boots, they should fit tightly enough to avoid any air leaks.  One thing you CAN do is heat the carb boots up a little with a blow dryer.  This will make them softer, making the install less of a pain in the neck.
"Love is the feelin you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."

"That's got CV's? Take a #2 phillips screwdriver, heat the tip with a torch until cherry red and plunge it into your eye. It will hurt less. Really."- Kopcicle

Offline trek97

• Site Supporter
    • hondabrat.com
Thanks

Offline trek97

• Site Supporter
    • hondabrat.com
Got my vinyl stuck without bubbles or wrinkles and pretty darn straight...still need to clearcoat and finish fenders.  The weather is so nice today I went ahead and threw it together so I could go for a ride.

Offline trek97

• Site Supporter
    • hondabrat.com
Re: Improved carbs new mufflers, 76 CB360, before & after
« Reply #28 on: Mar 25, 2012, 17:15:53 »

New pipes made a huge difference in performance.  And since PJ Improved the carbs the thing runs super.  Like a little 360 animal.  I can blast through rpms in all gears and accelerate 60 -80 nice and smooth in 6th gear.  never been over 85 on her...lol, I am gettin to old for that crap.  no more coughing choking bull shit.  I want to say thanks PJ.  Your work, help and patience are amazing !
still need to get some paint on those damned fenders and I will be done turning wrenches on her for a while.  Im just ready to ride.

Offline fuggers

Re: improved carbs new mufflers 76 CB360, before & after
« Reply #29 on: Apr 05, 2012, 02:05:19 »
Did I miss it, where did you get the mufflers? They look good but are they overly loud?
I'm determined to enjoy this xj!