The shop told me that they can't fix it ??? kinda....

JonnyLong

THIS, is what god looks like.
Nobody feels comfortable riding her so they have me drive an hour to the shop everytime they try a diffrent jetting to fix the overheating issue.
I can't complain to much because I couldn't figure it out myself....

Big issue today I called to try and figure out what the update with my bike was today. Mechanic told me that he fond a problem and that the only way he can fix it is was silicon.
The carbs were way out of sync and he described it as a "lock nut" was missing, something he explained as a part that allows the carbs to work together.
He also said they no longer make the part.

Can someone please shine some light on this mystery part so that I may be able to run her down the street without carying a bottle of silicon just in case :(
THANKS

I've posted pictures of it a couple of times. Its a 5mm screw, should be the same as late model CB400, Suzuki until 2003, probably other Honda's, Kawasaki's and Yamaha's.
There should be plenty available as loads of people have switched to VM carbs because the CV originals were 'bad'

Here's a pic (not the one I was looking for but it will do)
The screw is on left side below choke connector arm
CB360carbinlet.jpg

Here's the pic I was looking for, with the carbs off bike you can see the adjuster screw and locknut.
Carbs are turned onto right side in pic, float bolws off for 'adjustments' ;)
Syncadjuster.jpg

Usually it's part of carb and not seperate item. The nut should be available , if they cross referenced it.
You can probably gewt on Bikebandit or similar and cross reference adjuster locknut.
Pretty sure Honda and Suzuki use the same size on tappet adjusters as well (only they are not plated so will rust)

Kinda sounds to me like they arnt to concerner about fixing and looking for a excuse to get it out of there shop good luck

Probably think it's more trouble than it's worth, but, they probably don't know the stuff I know either.
It's probably a 5x0.75mm or even 0.50mm pitch, I haven't removed one to measure.

And no one in the world sells 5mm fine thread bolts or nuts and there are none to be stolen, I mean re-purposed, from another set of carbs!!

It's hard not to get annoyed with that level of incompetence, but to be fair that's not what they learn at mechanics school. It's all about electronic diagnostic tools etc now.

My guess is that you will find that thread on any old Honda tappet adjusting screw if you don't have a spare set of carbs

yeah they have me come in all the time an hr away to get it up to spee cus the guys at the shop say they don't feel safe riding her....
kinda weak.
Check her out, I'm sure you'd ride it and enjoy it :)
mail.jpg

what about the dime city new carbs they say they are for the cb360
i might invest in some after i close on this house. if they will fix the problem

That's a liability issue for them.......and maybe for you too.

Wouldn't it be easier to buy a set of carbs on ebay and just mix and match what you need?

With all due respect, I wouldn't ride that thing around the block with that front end on it and no brake at the pointy end. Front brake does 90 - 100% of the braking on a bike. Or did I miss something?

Has the frame been engineered or is it a home build job? If it's the latter, I don't blame them for not wanting to ride it.

Seriously, if you can find a 5mm bolt / screw, you should be able to make up the required screw by cutting off the head and dremelling (is that a word?) a slot in it. Should take 5 minutes with the right tools ;)

The bolt need a 'nail' head for the spring to sit on.
I'll measure one later and get back to you.
I may have something I can either adapt or make.
Do you need the complete thing or only locknut?
Did you get sync adapters off me? (I don't remember as I've made quite a few now)
If shop doesn't have correct ones it could be another reason they can't sync carbs

I'm going to go pick it up and finish the job myself I just thought I could drop it off spend a few 100's and have her ready for a few rides this season and up for sale to fund another build...

Back
Top Bottom