[NY] FS 1972 CB350 cafe $2100

dannyp87

Hey folks, hard times and Im looking to sell my cb350 cafe racer which runs and looks great. (LOWERED PRICE to 2100)
i purchased the bike from someone in CT not running, i had a local bike shop go through the bike and take care of everything needed. Rebuilt carbs, new battery, fluid change.
contact me at 5162504765 name is danny
This section below is from the original builders post:
The whole bike was torn down completely except for the
motor, every wearing item was replaced with new OEM replacements when updated
parts where not available. Swing arm bushings where replaced and regreased, headset
bearings where replaced with heavy duty taper bearing over the loose ball bearing setup
that came stock, wheel bearings where replaced, Forking by Frank's supplied the
replacement fork tubes and I rebuilt the front end with heavy duty springs and bushings
and modified the damping rod for roadracing, rear shocks where replaced with
progressive shocks and springs that are one inch taller than stock, new chain and
sprockets front and rear, front and rear brakes where completely dismantled/cleaned/and
re lubed and new Vesrah shoes where installed, New racing Avon (non dot) tires front
and rear with one day at Pocono FUSA and about 150 street miles.
Bike also has two new Mukini VM34 smooth bore carbs with custom made one into two
throttle cables that are attached to a Motion Pro quick turn throttle, MG clipons (not
cheesy clubman bars), MB billet top triple clamp, Kawasaki KE125 brake and clutch
levers and perches, ZX9R engine kill and electric start controls, electronic ignition, new
spark plug wires and caps, Barnett clutch, CB900 headlight, Maintenance free Yuasa
battery, 5 way adjustable steering dampener.
The condition of the motor is excellent, it has 180psi compression and passed a leak
down test with flying colors, the transmission shifts perfectly and does not fall out of gear
like many abused bikes do.
Custom work consists of reinforcing the frame at strategic parts by bracing and tig
welding all the spot welded parts of the frame (frame is half tubing and stamped steel that
is spot welded similarly to a car, everything is tig welded in this mod), Mount welded to
frame to attach a steering dampener, all unnecessary brackets/mounts/welds where taken
off of frame to lighten it, HRC replica tank and seat all fiberglass had to be custom
mounted on frame with all hand made brackets and cushioned to prevent damage to
fiberglass, the seat was also reinforced by making a complete steel seat pan and frame for
the hump and fiberglassing it to the seat making it a structural piece and nearly
unbreakable (try pushing or leaning on one of these tails without this mod), GSXR
kickstand was used and custom bracket was made to attach to frame, Custom fabed up
rear sets using stock shifter reversed for GP shift (reversed shift pattern) and I used a
GSXR rear brake lever with a tab tig welded on with a modified stock rear brake rod to a
reversed brake arm on the drum, Tach mount made out of sheet stock, hand made TT
exhaust pipe that stop directly under the motor.
This bike was tuned on a Dynojet 250i Dyno at my job using a air/fuel sniffer and is
carbureted perfectly and running perfect, bike has 24.88 wheel horsepower and a top
speed of 90mph in a full race tuck body position. This bike has also won third place at a
motorcycle show in the pre '74 class.
Paint was professionally done at S&R Custom paint and is immaculate. Paint is a two
tone black with metallic silver with hand pin striping between the two colors in Metallic
maroon. The tail also has the two tone design.
IMG_20110629_163604.jpg

IMG_20110629_163555.jpg

IMG_20110629_163543.jpg

IMG_20110629_163535.jpg

IMG_20110629_163525.jpg

IMG_20110629_163509.jpg

IMG_20110629_163457.jpg

Re: [NY] FS 1972 CB350 cafe $2400

Is this still for sale?

I like it.

I might want to buy it.

You're in New York? I'm in California. So about $900 door to door shipping.

I'll wait for you to post back and take it from there.

Re: [NY] FS 1972 CB350 cafe $2400

hey sorry i havent checked the forums in a while, yes its still for sale if anyone is interested

Back
Top Bottom