www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: The 'build thread' of a Kawasaki Z250 C, a total beginner's point of view...  (Read 56888 times)

Offline belcam

Teazer - thanks, I was a bit unsure if I should take out the butterfly valves. Yeh there was a gasket on it, I had to rip most of it off cos it was badly deteriorated, but there doesn't seem to be one in this carb diagram I found last night:

The raised ring that you mention is also slightly cracked on the outside, though not inside, so I'm not sure if I need a new one yet.

Cyclone - that white and black CB is exactly the paint scheme I'm thinking, though in terms of mudguards and seats, I saw this on JobCrane92's build which looks to me like a z250 - I was originally thinking of cutting the subframe and not having a mud guard but supposedly its hard to get it registered in Australia if we do that, so I think that's definitely the way to go. I might try to get as close as that as possible - I'd be happy to get the bike running and looking nice for now - creativity can strike next time :)

Both my brakes are drum breaks btw, so yeh, the plan is to get some disc brakes on her, but probably not at this stage. Priority is to get her running first, then probably getting more familiar with riding,  then cosmetics, then upgrading hardware if required.

Do you have a link to JobCrane92's post ?