So she got a big bath yesterday as well as a polish and her first ever coat of wax. Real nice and shiny now!
I only had her out long enough to fill her for the week ahead so no paintwork pic's but I'm hoping to go for a good ride on the public holiday here on Wednesday so I'm hoping it will be nice and shiny and I can get some good updated pic's of her in the sun.
Also, between the bath and the wax, I got the seat and tank off and got the breather catch tank mounted up and connected.
Looks a lot better after the sand back and respray:
Cut a strip of rubber to give it some cushioning from the inner rear guard:
Drilled four holes in the inner rear guard and mounted it with cable ties with the rubber strip underneath:
Quick comparison of the old breather filter to the new... yeah it was oily and disgusting and had to go!
Then I ran the hose from the breather cover down to the catch tank, mounted the new breather filter, and all good to go:
Hopefully that tap holds up now and it goes ok.
The short trip around the block today wasn't really a good test run, but the commute to work tomorrow should be better for that and if I get to go on a good ride on Wednesday it will be even better.
I also marked the carry rack tonight where I need to cut it off to suit the grab rail when it arrives, so hopefully that won't be too far away and I can get a carry rack on there finally.