www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Out in a field Build ... XS 500 The Sock Monkey ( Finished pics ,video, )  (Read 155807 times)

Offline DreadRock

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Bang Cut Grind ..Dam Did I Need That Part ?
Re: Out in a field Build ....
« Reply #40 on: Oct 25, 2011, 11:13:30 »
Well been saving $$ for some parts so just been messing around with some small stuff. been thinkin on how i would mount the speedo onto the front. going to use the stock speedo only . think im going to mount it under the top tree with a plate just need to tap the top clamp hole all the way tho. then make some small spacers and run a longer bolt to mount it. may need some rubber inbetween to kill some of the vibs . so this is where im at ( prototype )......

Offline DreadRock

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #41 on: Oct 27, 2011, 00:35:07 »
Did lil more work on the speedo set up and the plate made ( prototype 2 ) . got it mounted where i want it and just need to make it out of lil stiff gauge and put some rubber mounting. what i did was threaded the top two holes underside of the tree then ran short allthreat with a nut as a stop point. ended up working out good ....
how it looks from the cockpit ...

Offline Swapmeet Louie

• Put some metal in yer eye....
« Reply #42 on: Oct 27, 2011, 12:04:12 »
Looks nice.
" an opinion form someone who knows not of which he speaks is worse than worthless" TEAZER

"Carb tuning is a black art. It's voodoo(sic), scientiology and comet worship all rolled into a pile. There's is no blue pill, it's a matter of taking the time and earning the bloody knuckles. " Swagger

Offline ProSimex

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • RUN SCREAMING!!!
« Reply #43 on: Oct 27, 2011, 13:24:10 »
I like!
"Love is the feelin you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."

"That's got CV's? Take a #2 phillips screwdriver, heat the tip with a torch until cherry red and plunge it into your eye. It will hurt less. Really."- Kopcicle

Offline cafecustom720

« Reply #44 on: Oct 27, 2011, 13:48:56 »
Man that tank and seat combo are pretty killer. Great looking bike!

Offline sxecafe

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • You think the Carpet Pissers did this?
« Reply #45 on: Oct 27, 2011, 13:50:24 »
Nice, man. I just did one the other day too. What gauge did you use?

Offline DreadRock

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #46 on: Oct 27, 2011, 14:19:29 »
The parts i used was stuff i had laying around the shop. the main hanger on the tree is from a trip/speedoset up off my XC bike and the small braket is i believe 10 gauge. but needs cleaning up and this ones just a prototype. as it sits the speedo will shake it self apart. so now that i know it will work and is placed right ill make one that is all one piece and out of a more stiffer gauge.

Offline sxecafe

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • You think the Carpet Pissers did this?
« Reply #47 on: Oct 27, 2011, 14:50:02 »
Nice approach. I wanted mine to sit inside the mount. For that I need to make the brace lower. I think I might bend some stock up. How would you cut your thicker gauge, snips, or do you have a band saw etc?

Offline DreadRock

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #48 on: Oct 27, 2011, 17:01:15 »
Band saw would be the way to go ! and i dont have one yet lol  so i used a cutoff wheel and a grinder. i have a customer that has helped me with somethings like the tuning forks and gusets on a dyno torch cutting table . and now that i have a working set up ill take it to him and have him cut me a nice clean one piece plate out of something lil thicker. might talk him into making a few more and see if anyone on DTT for XSs . ill let everyone know !

Offline Curtis

« Reply #49 on: Oct 28, 2011, 19:40:45 »
How well is the speedo cable going to clear the center of the headlight?