www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Out in a field Build ... XS 500 The Sock Monkey ( Finished pics ,video, )  (Read 146914 times)

Offline two-smoker

• I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
You know about the little thumbscrews on the sides of the carbs that raise the slides, right? I don't want to assume, and I certainly don't want to insinuate you wouldn't, but.... Well...... I kinda made that mistake....

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using DO THE TON mobile app

"I suppose I'd say.... BOLLOCKS! But that's pretty much a reflex for me."

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=21144.new#new

Offline DreadRock

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Bang Cut Grind ..Dam Did I Need That Part ?
Lol yes .. I've turned them all the way in which should be opening the slide correct (high idle) and all way out close the slide (low idle). When I took off the pods it seemed to want to idle but still died. The rich problem I'm thinking I might have float stuck or floats need set again . Small issues but feeling good about where it's heading
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2017, 23:32:22 by DreadRock »

Offline DreadRock

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
Pulled carbs off bike to pull them apart to make sure all Jets are clean. Reasons for doing this is it sat on the stand for a while and had gas in it. When I started back with new Jets I cleaned them out but think not good enough. So I could have a clogged jet ? Will see

Offline brad black

i have seen idle issues with slide carbs if the slides are too high at idle.  it's a bit hard to work out and fix when it won't idle at all, but the lower the slides can be the better ime.

Offline DreadRock

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
Need more time ....more time !!!!

Other then that ... WTF Photobucket you ass wipes ? All most all my pics are now hostage till I pay up UF#*Ks ! Some of those pics I can't get back you bucket of ass hats !

Sorry have to rant ! I'll try and figure out what to do . Last thing I've done is clean carbs inside and out . Will look to see if slides are at lowest and floats are right .