Newbie from Sarasota, FL

gixxerusa

Hi guys.

Newbie here from FL. This is my 1977 CB400F Cafe Project that I finished 1 month ago or so. It took me 12 months to finish the project on a tight budget but I am really happy with the end result.

My wife and I got the little Honda from her uncle. He bought the bike brand new in 1977 from a Honda dealership in Iowa. The last time the bike was registered was in 1985. So it was sitting in his garage for the last 25 years. We got the bike in December 2009 but I didn't start the project until the end of 2010.

From a distance the bike really seemed to be in excellent shape. Once I started taking apart it showed the typical signs of a vehicle that has been sitting for some time. Nothing in too bad of a condition. At least the parts that I decided to keep on the bike anyway.

Here are some of the pics of the original and the final project.

OLD
IMG_1448Large.jpg

IMG_1451Large.jpg

IMG_1455Large.jpg

IMG_1463Large.jpg

NEW
DSC00023Medium.jpg

DSC00022Medium.jpg

DSC00021Medium.jpg

DSC00020Medium.jpg

DSC00019Medium.jpg

081611184424.jpg

IMG_6499Large.jpg

Dont look to Newbiss to me ! Very nice ride man you did some nice work ....

Thanks Dread.

I got the bug really bad. This is my first and only cafe project. Maybe get another one later. Trying just to enjoy the "new" ride for awhile.

Great looking bike man! I did the orange and black contrast. ;)

Can you give some details on the parts you used, like the wheels?

cyclhed said:
Great looking bike man! I did the orange and black contrast. ;)

Can you give some details on the parts you used, like the wheels?

Thanks cyclhed.

Here's the link for the built: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=89208.0

Basically the front end, brakes, 16" wheels and controls are from a 2007 Ninja EX250.
Woodcraft clip-ons.
Steel braided lines I got from Roaring Toyz.
The rear master cylinder and both rearsets are from a 05 gsxr1000 supported by P clamps.
The seat cowl is from Roc City Cafe with a foam pad.
Headlight, tail light and turn signals from ebay.
K&N air filters.
Paint from PMan here in Bradenton. I applied the racing decals that I got from ebay.
Frame was powder coated locally also.
I painted the engine with VHT spray paint (Satin black and burnt copper)

Everything else is stock.

Nice job dude. Have fun with it. I just got my first bike (rd350) and it's a blast. It was actually in good shape when I bought it, so there will be little "projects" here and there for it, but nothing crazy. I'd like to make a project bike in the future though.

Back
Top Bottom