help creating basic wiring diagram for '75 honda cl360 (updated)

johnny gaijin

Been Around the Block
the plan is to re-do the wiring on my 1975 honda cl360.
so i made up this wiring diagram:

6170725569_4e27336bf6_b.jpg

i've never done this before so please point out everything i've done wrong.

i don't have blinkers or electric start or gauges.

you'll notice the rectifier and the alternator both have unused wires coming off them... i'm not sure if i goofed or if they're not necessary.

thanks in advance guys!

p.s. that says brake 'LEVER' not lover. :)

Re: help creating basic wiring diagram for '75 honda cl360

Well you've only got the hot lead on your coils. You'll need something coming off your points ;)

If I wasn't at work, I would definitely take a closer look at this.

In the mean time though, it would probably be helpful to compare your diagram to other simplified schematics. Nearly all bike electric systems are the same, and this is probably one of the best simple layouts I've seen:

http://cycles.evanfell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Errata_fixed_Custom_Motorcycle_Wiring_Diagram_by_Evan_Fell.png

OK... here we go:

1.) R/W from the rectifier needs to go directly to the battery before the fuses
2.) White going into the stator needs come from the Y/W coming from the hi/low switch. Or, better yet, splice it directly into the yellow also coming from the stator for a better charge (providing you have solid state reg and rec)
3.) Presumably you're going to wire points and condensor to the coils?
4.) Wire coming from the horn to the horn switch is black according to stock diagram... you changed it?
5.) No rear brake?
6.) No high beam?

1) cool
2) also cool
3) yeah probably just going to leave that as is unless it looks like it's in bad shape but either way i won't be changing anything so i didn't bother putting it in the diagram
4) no, it's light green in the two diagrams i've looked at. unless i'm being an idiot?
http://media.photobucket.com/image/75%20CL360%20WIRING/PBFlux/CB-CL360.jpg
5) i've got both brakes but only the rear is hooked up to the brake light (or stop light as i labeled it for some stupid reason). i always use both simultaneously so i think it's fine.
6) nope.
7) thanks!
also i just noticed that my brake light isn't routed through the fuse...

Back
Top Bottom