www.abelbrown.com

Slipstream Cycle

www.moto-madness.com

www.caferacerxxx.com

www.oldschoolspeed.com

www.rustrev.com

www.bullitcustomcycles.com

DWMS Racing

Author Topic: First bike/bobber build!Lil' Blue  (Read 9232 times)

Offline JordanCFH

Re: First bike/bobber build!Lil' Blue
« Reply #15 on: Sep 21, 2012, 21:49:04 »
Finally an update, been busy with sorting out school/school loans just started 2 weeks ago. Haven't had much time to work on the bike but......been having a lot of great progress. Welded in the original mounts from the Harley fender (after cutting em) so i had a solid place to bolt to, strap brace installed on the nose of the fender for the front mounts (still need to finish the last bit for the mounts and the rear fender will be fully mounted so i can install the seat and taillight/signals.

The front fender is almost finished, i gotta do abit of patch work to make the "3 part" fender flow together smoothly, it needs some TLC with some pulling and pushing as the heat from welding has twisted it a fair bit. Just taking my time with it making sure i don't screw something major up and don't get frustrated with it, with what ever free time i get after work/school gonna do my best to keep working on this thing..... I'm not looking forward to having to work on this thing over the winter unless its just gotta be body work/paint LOL.

« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2012, 01:38:07 by JordanCFH »

Offline MotorbikeBruno

• Site Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Sep 22, 2012, 15:01:45 »
It's getting there.  :)

Offline JordanCFH

« Reply #17 on: Sep 22, 2012, 22:21:43 »
Did a little bit of work today, spent most of it trying to figure things out with the old man. Gotta stop getting so anal about things not being perfect, deff ain't easy making everything perfect without the proper shop, bound to have a few things not matching exaclty. But that's what a backyard projects bound to have =D. I thought i would post a few photos of some of the stuff i had done earlier that i didn't have pics for + what i had gotta done today.

It's getting there.  :)

For sure dude, starting to finally not get so agitated and anxious to get it done...don't have a set time frame to get it done, tho i would like to get it on the road for spring and finally get to enjoy my first motorcycle =p bonus being i built it.

Offline JordanCFH

« Reply #18 on: Sep 22, 2012, 22:30:49 »
here are some photos.

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• Earache my eye...
« Reply #19 on: Sep 23, 2012, 08:09:26 »
I think you need to thow in some rake and kick that front end out.
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, why don’t you just make sure that you’re just not in fact surrounded by a bunch of assholes, alright?”

JAILBAIT '67 BSA 441 Victor Roadster
STAY CLEAN '67 BSA Spitfire
ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline JordanCFH

« Reply #20 on: Sep 23, 2012, 11:11:37 »
I think you need to thow in some rake and kick that front end out.

I may do that later on down the road, I personally won't do it. I could always look over the winter and see how much my buddy will charge me to do it ( hes done a few of my other buddies projects that needed a rake put into the frame) Since i don't have the proper  shit to do it deff don't wanna F that up, as u can see i lack the luxury of what some of the other dudes on DTT got to work in *drools*. Working out in the backyard till winter comes then im stuck in the small shed working around all the tools and the old mans bike. i should prob post some pics of that lil jail cell lol.
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2012, 11:13:40 by JordanCFH »

Offline JordanCFH

« Reply #21 on: Sep 29, 2012, 21:09:27 »
Quick Little Update,  Had to install Carriage bolts to ensure clearance on the rear fender. Started mounting the rear seat, found out my current springs are way to big ( 4.5') buddy is gonna bring me a set of 2' clothespin style springs while i make the hinge for the front of the seat.

« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2012, 23:34:28 by JordanCFH »

Offline JordanCFH

« Reply #22 on: Oct 08, 2012, 14:46:26 »
Been a cold and wet thanksgiving weekend, been rained out of work twice so far this weekend and now i've got a horrible cough (damn weather change). I got a fair amount of work done tho, I tossed the idea of a hinged seat and made a  quick release mount, still gotta put carriage bolts on the seat, the ones i've got on the seat right now even once i put a gel pad and leather on it, i may as well carry some preperation H around, the bolt locations dig right into your ass when you sit on it lol.

I also started mounting the taillight and taillight bar to the rear fender, The taillight bar i will need to fabricate something as its white metal and i can't do any cutting and welding with it so ill have to make a similar looking one that will more then likely be abit smaller length wise and bolt  level with the taillight. The Bitch pad will get located and mounted once i finish mounting the taillights and run a small conduit piece on the inside of the fender to protect the wires from wear from the tire since there is not alot of clearance on the side walls of the fender and only a tallboy can of clearance to the top of the fender from the center of the tire.

Offline rattpunk

• Site Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Oct 12, 2012, 14:10:25 »
Sup dude?  I'm real curious to see how this all ends up, i dig it.  I know how you feel drooling over everyone's garages.  Keep at it man.  Like some jackass told me once "This build's got soul."
"A problem well stated is a problem half solved." - Charles Kettering

Mongrel cm450

Offline JordanCFH

« Reply #24 on: Oct 12, 2012, 23:58:53 »
Sup dude?  I'm real curious to see how this all ends up, i dig it.  I know how you feel drooling over everyone's garages.  Keep at it man.  Like some jackass told me once "This build's got soul."

Not much man, still sick lol. slowly working through it.Yea the shop would be a huge help and reduce the agitation of working around everything,  either way this bikes gotta get done blood sweat and possibly some tears lol.

As my fridays usually are, don't work and i only have 2 hours of class. I started working on making the light bar, its almost done i have to shorten it and "dress" it up abit more and make the back mounting piece for it. i'm hoping to get it finished quickly to get the bitch pad done so i can finally start working on doing the fiberglass/ body work to the ferring.

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• Earache my eye...
« Reply #25 on: Oct 13, 2012, 06:11:29 »
Ya got spirit kid... keep it up!
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, why don’t you just make sure that you’re just not in fact surrounded by a bunch of assholes, alright?”

JAILBAIT '67 BSA 441 Victor Roadster
STAY CLEAN '67 BSA Spitfire
ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline MotorbikeBruno

• Site Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Oct 13, 2012, 15:11:38 »
Can you turn the heat up on your welder?  They look a tad "cold"  which makes me worry for your safety.  Keep up the work though, thing's kinda cool.

Offline JordanCFH

« Reply #27 on: Oct 13, 2012, 20:59:19 »
Can you turn the heat up on your welder?  They look a tad "cold"  which makes me worry for your safety.  Keep up the work though, thing's kinda cool.
Bad ground till i fixed it .the metal had been sitting in the shop also overnight and it hit about -6 C today so it was a little chilly out=p,. The welds strong tho, made the old man double check it =P.

Ya got spirit kid... keep it up!
Thanks man!

Didn't get much work done today, only got a hr or 2 to hit up my dads place to shorten the light bar about 2" on both sides, I'm still trying to figure out what i need to make to mount it to the fender, just drawing up a few things on a notepad. Did almost take my thumb off with the zip cut wheel.good thing i was wearing gloves lol, hand slipped when i was turning the grinder off. no blood on this build yet!
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2012, 21:03:41 by JordanCFH »

Offline MotorbikeBruno

• Site Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Oct 15, 2012, 11:05:57 »
The motorcycle Gods need a sacrifice at some point...just wait for it...and keep all of your fingers.  ;)

Offline JordanCFH

« Reply #29 on: Oct 15, 2012, 20:40:50 »
for sure lol, it will happen just...WHEN will it? haha. I usually try to be as careful as possible but, as the motto goes F.I.S.H ( $#@% it shit happens.)