Slipstream Cycle

www.moto-madness.com

www.caferacerxxx.com

www.oldschoolspeed.com

www.rustrev.com

www.bullitcustomcycles.com

DWMS Racing

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: First bike/bobber build!Lil' Blue  (Read 10288 times)

Offline JordanCFH

Re: First bike/bobber build!Lil' Blue
« Reply #30 on: Oct 19, 2012, 22:41:10 »
Well, it was a slow, but productive day thanks to cranking some Rebel Son =D. Got the plate mount welded together and made the mounts for the light bar and dressed it up a little more. I will have to go over them some more with a file but......it was getting dark and i was getting balls tired so i called it a night. Here's what the mock up/progress of today looks like.

mmmmmmm....beer>_>

I know its lopsided, only got everything sitting in place with nothing but mechanics wire lol

Offline Cookie

• God help the child who grows out of everything
« Reply #31 on: Oct 23, 2012, 08:30:37 »
Looink' good amn, keep it up!
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of IDIOTS."

GR650 Build thread: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=49051.0

Offline JordanCFH

« Reply #32 on: Nov 15, 2012, 12:14:21 »
Update: haven't been working on the bike since the 26th, schools gettig busy since its almost the end of my first semester plus i had day surgery done and im suppose to "take it easy" no lifitng, bending etc etc. Stay tuned tho once i got my 2 weeks off during the xmas holidays i'll be hammering away at it. Gotta get the new lights installed and propane heater into the shed so i won't be working in the dark and freezing my nips off lol.

Depending on how things go i may not have it done by spring but, if thats the case i can spend some more time with it to make sure its done well and cleaned up nicely. I haven't decided if i wanna strip the bitch down and paint the frame yet either, thinking maybe blue or white for the frame or get it powder coated black or w/e, what do you guys think?

thanks

JordanCFH

Offline JordanCFH

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 14:08:29 »
So it's been awhile since I've touched the bike. As I just finished school in may. I've got alot more progress done on the bike (pictures later.) I've had a few changes with the bike. It will no longer be blue and white but a gloss black and matte black scheme. I was working on it today. But my grinder decided to kick the bucket. Haven't taken it apart yet to try and fix it....and sadly our other grinder is off for repairs.

I have about 70-75% of the fabrication done. Its gonna be alot of small minor stuff and electrical, I will be ordering my new cables,grips, leather and dye, gel pad, pipe wrap and a few other bits.

to still show the inspiration of my dads bike the wrap and seat will be a similar blue ( ford blue) And some pinstripping accents. I'm still unsure of what the time of completion,will be but.... Its getting close:D

I hope you guys will enjoy the progress photos. Next weekend I will be trying to get a running video if my baffels and cables come in

Offline JordanCFH

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2013, 19:38:01 »

Offline JordanCFH

« Reply #35 on: Jun 19, 2013, 22:03:24 »
Update. Just finished up going to the swap meet in Paris Ontario this past weekend and got a few things. I had to find a replacement headlight as from what my dad and i figured the glue and rubber had deteriorated sitting in the sheet metal shed over last summer and melted all over the lens making it pretty much useless. I also picked up a short light bar for the rear fender( exact bar which my dad runs i can't recall the measurement.) i also picked up a spare light to rip the guts out of to put into my rear 68 harley tail light. I scored a deal and got an entire replacement wire harness for my bike (ignition coil....everything) for a buck! I love swap meets =D) I also got a few lenses for the tail light....as i did not want to steal dad's spares >=P.

As of today we have started the body work and final steps of the bike !

I will be uploading 2 videos to my youtube to show you guys the bike running 3 days ago, as we were testing all the electrical compenents to ensure it was all working still and the bike turned over after sitting for awhile ( i personally had to contain myself as how excited i was to turn it over and hear the Lil Bastard purr....more like an angry chainsaw hahaha =D.)

I will post photo's once i get home of the progress from today. I got some of the cleaning up on the frame done and some painting done. ( its nothing fancy as we all know i ain't building this as a trailer queen haha.)  My dads is going to teach me how to do the body work this week and get the frame and fenders ready for paint. I still haven't ordered my baffels and gotten my cables but once i do and the bikes together we will be doing carb adjustments as it runs like crap still atm.

I did have a ton of fun today either way. As i always love doing the painting process ( use to build models as a kid and always took my time and attention to detail on the paint......with exceptions.) That's it for now till i post the photo's I hope you guys enjoy this as much as i am having fun building this backyard beast with my dad.

Offline JordanCFH

« Reply #36 on: Jun 30, 2013, 17:20:26 »
Sorry about uploading. Sad news came up, my grandfather passed away at 87 just shy of his 88th bday and I have just finished up with all the family stuff and funeral. I have been keeping up my work on the bike. The rear fender is at the last stage of body work before paint. I will post photos either tonight or the next day or 2.

I have come to learn that bondo and sanding is time consuming and damn is it a pain to mix in changing weather. But I'm proud of how well I've picked up this old dying art and just need more practice.

thanks again for everyone's support and suggestions so far on my first bike/build.

Jordan

Offline trek97

• Site Supporter
    • hondabrat.com
« Reply #37 on: Jun 30, 2013, 17:26:34 »
sorry to hear bout your grandfather bud. 
ready to see her in paint.

Offline JordanCFH

« Reply #38 on: Jul 24, 2013, 02:21:18 »
Gonna skip all the boring photos of my first time doing body work and show the good stuff =D. The bike is nearing completion

Offline JordanCFH

« Reply #39 on: Jul 24, 2013, 02:53:54 »

Offline JordanCFH

« Reply #40 on: Jul 25, 2013, 00:49:47 »
A peek at whats to come.

Offline MotorbikeBruno

• Site Supporter
    • Carb cleaning in MN
« Reply #41 on: Jul 25, 2013, 14:52:33 »
That's looking pretty good man.

Offline trek97

• Site Supporter
    • hondabrat.com
« Reply #42 on: Jul 26, 2013, 22:19:54 »
I am digging the flat black tank w the gloss black badges.  and I am not the biggest fan of black.  but its pretty cool looking.

Offline JordanCFH

« Reply #43 on: Jul 31, 2013, 00:44:25 »
Thanks guy's! So this weekend were going away to our annual august long weekend party. So the bike isn't at the stage of full completion were getting it running and doing a test run with it while we are there. Will give us the chance to do some carb adjustment's and/or re-jet. Got the wires all sorted out in the fender, depending on what happens I may be running a solid conduit piece to protect the wires instead of BX shielding. Here's some pictures.

Forgot to mention i will also prob look like a goof for the first bit of the weekend. Gonna  be learning to ride the good ol' fashion way. driving around in a field partying haha. 8)

Offline MotorbikeBruno

• Site Supporter
    • Carb cleaning in MN
« Reply #44 on: Jul 31, 2013, 13:01:00 »
She's coming along nicely!  Great paint really changes things doesn't it!?  ;)