www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Brat / Bob  (Read 32119 times)

Offline MickyC

• DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Brat/ Bob
« Reply #40 on: Dec 08, 2011, 03:15:02 »
the bike is looking great so far cant wait to see her done

Offline Staffy

• It's not yours 'til you cut it up.
« Reply #41 on: Dec 08, 2011, 03:32:09 »
Sweet.  Thanks.

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #42 on: Dec 11, 2011, 17:25:03 »
Killer stuff man. Look forward to seeing it in person sometime.
Like a river that don't know where it's flowin'
I took a wrong turn and just kept goin'

Offline gomotomoto

Brat/ Bob
« Reply #43 on: Dec 11, 2011, 19:14:00 »
Ya that would be a disaster but with the little knowlage I have and places like this I can get things dfone the right way.

So did you insert an internal slug "pig" for the swingarm welds? I didnt pick up what happened there (how you restored structural integrity) bike looks creative and innovative, happy to have found the thread.

Offline BRIERS131

« Reply #44 on: Dec 12, 2011, 00:37:03 »
yea u insert the slugs in the swing arm. i like to drill a hole in the swingarm and spot weld it in place before finish welding the rest.

Offline sasquach

« Reply #45 on: Dec 12, 2011, 01:04:13 »
Killer stuff man. Look forward to seeing it in person sometime.

Mike your welcome to stop by anytime and check it out . Hell bring Rich and I'll buy the beer .

Offline sasquach

« Reply #46 on: Dec 12, 2011, 01:07:56 »
Briers and moto yes I did weld in a "pig" into the swingarm . I did it just like Breir said .

Offline n0regret5

« Reply #47 on: Dec 12, 2011, 06:11:19 »
hi mate, I'm loving this build so far but just wanted to point something out; where I've marked with a red line is a bending moment where the frame could fail, the green line is around about where you may want to weld in a gusset just to reduce the chance of ending up with your grapes squished on the rear tire. In saying this I don't know what else you're doing to the rear end, just wanted to make sure you were making it safe as possible.

Offline sasquach

« Reply #48 on: Dec 12, 2011, 11:18:09 »
hi mate, I'm loving this build so far but just wanted to point something out; where I've marked with a red line is a bending moment where the frame could fail, the green line is around about where you may want to weld in a gusset just to reduce the chance of ending up with your grapes squished on the rear tire. In saying this I don't know what else you're doing to the rear end, just wanted to make sure you were making it safe as possible.

I don't know if it makes a difference but I put a pig in there about 2 inches on each side of the cut . Thanks

Offline gomotomoto

« Reply #49 on: Dec 12, 2011, 12:56:05 »
Briers and moto yes I did weld in a "pig" into the swingarm . I did it just like Breir said .

Did you photo that part? I'd like to see for my own knowledge. What did you use for the "pig"