HATE is such a strong word.

Big R

Heaven is so far away.
Just a little rant: please feel free to stop reading now.

There have been a lot of generalizations going on around here in DTT land. And frankly that bugs me. When people say (insert brand here) riders are d-bags I think right away "wow.......this fella has met every single person that rides that brand". And didn't find a single example of non-douchebaggery. How sad. Which leads up to the problem of those (insert brand) riders hearing about how they are hated on, and then THEY hate people even more. C'mon folks, think about it first and turn the other cheek.

Which leads up to part two of this little rant. The broad generalizations about peoples professions. Instead of saying you hate every (insert job class here), just say what the particular person is doing to drive you nuts. It's unfair to the 99.9% of hard working individuals to be grouped into the lazy, stealing, back-stabbing, no talent hacks category.

I may sound like some kind of hippy or something, but how about we man up and face the world isn't full of perfect people. Does that give us as individuals the right to judge others? Absolutely not. Instead of looking down on any person that you may think fits a stereotype, open your mind and try to learn something. You might be surprised.

Is it ok that I hate all brands and people and professions equally? I think that would make me a not so typical hater.

Wow, as I'm reading this I'm listening to a guy discussing how human beings are given to extremes.

I think DTT should stop taking applications from Pussy-ass, whinnney, where do I get some clubmans, Un-independent thinking koooks!

Cause I hate'm... And Rants! Put this, and any other non MC related crap on face book. Not here...

Big Rich said:
Just a little rant: please feel free to stop reading now.

There have been a lot of generalizations going on around here in DTT land. And frankly that bugs me. When people say (insert brand here) riders are d-bags I think right away "wow.......this fella has met every single person that rides that brand". And didn't find a single example of non-douchebaggery. How sad. Which leads up to the problem of those (insert brand) riders hearing about how they are hated on, and then THEY hate people even more. C'mon folks, think about it first and turn the other cheek.

Which leads up to part two of this little rant. The broad generalizations about peoples professions. Instead of saying you hate every (insert job class here), just say what the particular person is doing to drive you nuts. It's unfair to the 99.9% of hard working individuals to be grouped into the lazy, stealing, back-stabbing, no talent hacks category.

I may sound like some kind of hippy or something, but how about we man up and face the world isn't full of perfect people. Does that give us as individuals the right to judge others? Absolutely not. Instead of looking down on any person that you may think fits a stereotype, open your mind and try to learn something. You might be surprised.

Right on Dude, Right on!

I don't hate anyone 8)
There are a lot of things I don't LIKE but hate means your thinking about stuff you can't control so it has 'power' over you

Fair enough... I really dislike when one refuses to learn something on there own in fear of making a mistake.

Swapmeet Louie said:
Fair enough... I really dislike when one refuses to learn something on there own in fear of making a mistake.

Years ago my Dad told me "Make all the mistakes you want. Just try to make only once." He also told me "If you don't try you can' fail. Equally you can't succeed".

Hate is a strong word alright. Most things I don't like I just walk away. Life is too short to get riled up bout something that a couple of weeks later will be forgotten.

Custom Fighters has a "Bitch Forum" where you can rant whatever sh*t you want and no one gets offended.

Might be an idea for here??

hillsy said:
Custom Fighters has a "Bitch Forum" where you can rant whatever sh*t you want and no one gets offended.

Might be an idea for here??

I, for one, wouldn't want to see something like that here. We're here (I think) to talk about bikes (mostly). Forums like that attract loonies and trolls.

Hoofhearted said:
Years ago my Dad told me "Make all the mistakes you want. Just try to make only once." He also told me "If you don't try you can' fail. Equally you can't succeed".

Hate is a strong word alright. Most things I don't like I just walk away. Life is too short to get riled up bout something that a couple of weeks later will be forgotten.

I've always like the quotes from Thomas Edison "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" and "I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work"

Thomas Edison was also a thief, and a well known asshole... So take his quotes with a grain of salt. Pretty much all of "his" inventions were actually devised by others and he bought the rights, or actually just straight up stole the ideas. ;)

VonYinzer said:
Thomas Edison was also a thief, and a well known asshole... So take his quotes with a grain of salt. Pretty much all of "his" inventions were actually devised by others and he bought the rights, or actually just straight up stole the ideas. ;)

Yes, everyone credits Edison for our modern electricity when it was Nicola Tesla that solved Edison's problem of distributing DC electricity with the invention of AC. That's not stressed enough in most schools due to Edison publicly smearing Tesla as a kook or mad scientist. In the end Tesla won of course but he is not given near the credit he deserves.

Sorry for the derail Rich but Tesla is a huge inspiration to me.

Back
Top Bottom