CB550 Cafe build completed - with new pictures

stidds

Been Around the Block
So I have been building my CB550 Cafe for a while, I started it in February when I bought it. Stripped it down completely, rebuilt the engine and tried to make it exactly how I visioned it in my brain.

I have finally finished the bike to a standard that I am happy with and I have to say I am very proud of the bike.

I have also taken some new photo's of it to show it off.

I cannot believe how much fun it was to build, long nights, many problems, frustrations and a fair amount of blood spilled. But damn I enjoyed it so much.

This is actually the 1st bike that I have ever built and cannot wait to do another in the future.

I am happy with the fact that every job on the bike was done by myself, so I had to sort those problems out methodically and patiently (oh yeah of course I was patient ;D )

I hope you all like it....

DSCF4471.jpg

DSCF4472.jpg

DSCF4473.jpg

DSCF4474.jpg

DSCF4475.jpg

DSCF4476.jpg

DSCF4477.jpg

DSCF4478.jpg

DSCF4479.jpg

DSCF4480.jpg

DSCF4481.jpg

DSCF4482.jpg

DSCF4483.jpg

DSCF4484.jpg

DSCF4485.jpg

DSCF4486.jpg

DSCF4487.jpg

DSCF4488.jpg

Outstanding! ;D Currently on my first build as well, if it turns out half as good as yours, I'll be content.

Its a 500t tank. It looks slick man. I got a 500t tank on my 360 and its monsterous (at least compared to the stock one) on that bike.

modifiedamerican said:
bike looks awesome! what method did u use to attach your seat?

Thanks, I attached the seat by fitting 4 flush bolts from the top (pointing downward) through the seat, under the seat I then fitted some metal bracing straps to support the seat and take the load off the bolts. Under these I then put some rubber bungs to keep the seat to the height I wanted and to give it some padded support, the flush bolts run through these bungs also. Then the bolts now go though holes drilled in the frame and I have put bolts and washers to secure the seat.

Nice work Sean, she looks killer. ;)

Congrats on finishing up, what a great feeling.

Very clean & classic. What grips are those? I'm also looking for a good burnt orange leather match. I must say the only thing that doesn't sit well with me is the tank pad... I think could could do something truly original with a leather matched tank guard (unless I do it first!!!) challenge accepted...

full on tin said:
Very clean & classic. What grips are those? I'm also looking for a good burnt orange leather match. I must say the only thing that doesn't sit well with me is the tank pad... I think could could do something truly original with a leather matched tank guard (unless I do it first!!!) challenge accepted...

The grips are pit bike grips that I found on ebay UK, I can send you a link if you like.

I see what you mean about the tank pad, but I am ok with it at present so my jacket doesn't scratch the paintwork, I would imagine a lovely leather tank guard would look amazing, so if you manage to make one then I will happily copy or buy one off of you, LOL.

Just thought I would add some updated pictures that I have taken for a website that it will be featured on very soon. The website it will be feature on is www.thebikeshed.cc.

DSCF4493resize.jpg

DSCF4494resize.jpg

DSCF4499resize.jpg

DSCF4504resize.jpg

DSCF4507resize.jpg

DSCF4509resize.jpg

DSCF4511resize.jpg

DSCF4512resize.jpg

Back
Top Bottom