www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: 76 CB360 (GrayBird)...DONE w/new pics!  (Read 21194 times)

Offline Azbiker

Re: 76 CB360 (GrayBird)
« Reply #40 on: Feb 26, 2012, 23:07:45 »
Hey Az, I am a recent adopter of a CL360.  The only prob is someone robbed the exhaust off it.  Have heard this is somewhat common.  Havent been able to locate another one, do you perhaps know if a CB360 system would work?

I do not know for sure. There are others here that know these bikes way better than me. Maybe someone will chime in.

Offline frogman

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • '74 CB360, '71 CB450, '75 CB550SS
« Reply #41 on: Feb 27, 2012, 09:29:27 »
KOCONUT,

CB system will fit, you will have to run down the correct rear brake pedal as well, check parts fiches as you may need more parts depending on years. Pins, springs, etc.. Sonreir went through hell trying to get his CJ to take a CB style system and had all kinds of fun. Might shoot him a PM as well.

On that note, I would believe that a CJ 2-1 system would fit without the brake pedal change as they look similar.  It also tucks under the bike further to clear the pedal.

Offline KOCONUT

• In too deep to quit.
« Reply #42 on: Feb 27, 2012, 10:16:49 »
Thanks alot frogman, and thanks to Az for allowing me to hijack for a sec!

Offline Azbiker

« Reply #44 on: Mar 03, 2012, 22:06:34 »
Getting there on the seat. made a new pan out of stainless steel sheet. I have a big block of seat foam that I cut took a chunck out of to match the pan. Welded two nut on the end and will be able to tighten the seat down using the existin holes from the inner fender. I am also mounting rubber bushings under the seat for the support. Also hopeing it will help absorb vibration. Fabric will be a black marine grade vinyl with stitching running accross every 1.5" or so. Should look good.

Also mounted new tail light. I thought it turned out nice.

Seat is getting upholstered next week!!

Offline Azbiker

« Reply #45 on: Mar 16, 2012, 19:58:30 »
Got the seat back from my upholstery guy. I thought he was just going to use a marine grade vinyl and he shocked me with the good stuff that mimicks leather, aged leather.

I am happy with the way it turned out. Only my second seat build. I do wish I would have made the edges wrap down an inch or so.

i left things so I can still go back to the stock seat just by removing the tailight. I am going to do one more seat with the same concept and style but using a stock 360 seat pan and cutting the rear end of it down by six inches or so. That way I can still have the similar look and use the existing hinge and lock.

Offline Mr.Wilde

• 78' Maha Triple
« Reply #46 on: Mar 20, 2012, 17:37:23 »
looks pretty nifty

Offline M.B Co

« Reply #47 on: Mar 21, 2012, 18:12:24 »
Love the colors, tank. What a nice build.

Offline Azbiker

Re: 76 CB360 (GrayBird)...DONE w/new pics!
« Reply #48 on: Apr 04, 2012, 20:23:31 »
All I have left is to rebuild master cylinder. I also need to get an axle mounted license plate. I just have it on the fender like it is to be legal.

Rode the bike around a little. Sounds good and ran great thanks to CrazyPJ fixing the carbs. There is still a little fine tuning to do but she is ridable!!