www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: Motorcycles Versus . . . Apple?  (Read 5129 times)

Offline DrJ

Re: Motorcycles Versus . . . Apple?
« Reply #10 on: Nov 07, 2011, 14:28:32 »
The writer is a Ducati fetishist, the worst kind of motorcycle enthusiast. His article holds no water.

Offline Fix

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • With a shirt like this, who needs pants?
    • Ugly bike
« Reply #11 on: Nov 07, 2011, 14:42:51 »
Our society has gotten farther and farther away from the time when achievement or success were the product of a man's hands.
I'm sure most of you would agree that's not necessarily a good thing.
'78 Yamaha XS11

Offline alex2445

« Reply #12 on: Aug 06, 2013, 18:46:00 »
I'm probably in this generation that we're talking about.  And I agree with you guys, my generation has no sense of achievement. I know this probably doesn't really sound relevant, but just listen.  In dodgeball games(I'm 17 and going to be a junior, and sophomore year I played in a game with the junior high) there's about 80% of the kids on my team that just stood there and did nothing, till I got them all riled up.  This proves that in something as simple as a physical game, a lot of them don't care.  Even in sports most of them just do the sport to hang out with their friends or to do something in the afternoon.  They don't want to do anything!!!!!! it's sucks sooo much! my generation sucks!  Most of them don't even care to read a book! they're lazy!  When I was finally able to work on a motorcycle I was so happy that when I wasn't cleaning my work area to work on the bike, I was actually reading the Clymer manual.  and now that I've basically rebuilt it(just needs some parts) I felt so accomplished.  I hope you guys get where I'm coming from, and don't think I'm just complaining, I was just backing up your statement that "the next generation has no sense of accomplishment"
There's always tomorrow

Offline Joon-yah

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Joon-yah
« Reply #13 on: Aug 06, 2013, 19:13:30 »
i think the younger generations need to be inspired,there are also not the same type of role models in place for working with your hands. for the technology,its a benefit as far as motorcycling is concerned for various reasons. maybe if all the ads were not about lifestyle,clothing,n just riding n bout building n wrenching things would be a lil different.
Cm400/cb450 http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=45376.0                                                  SR500 http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43591.0                                                     http://retromoto1.com/

Offline Clutch48

Re: Re: Motorcycles Versus . . . Apple?
« Reply #14 on: Aug 06, 2013, 19:30:43 »
Our society has gotten farther and farther away from the time when achievement or success were the product of a man's hands.
I'm sure most of you would agree that's not necessarily a good thing.
agree totally!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Clutch48

« Reply #15 on: Aug 06, 2013, 19:35:35 »
There are some of the younger generations that are coming along we have a couple down here that are really inspired by the opportunity to create with there hands. Which is nice to see but there are many of these younger people down this way that can't make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich which is disappointing

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Offline ApriliaBill

• Yeah...I'm old school.
« Reply #16 on: Aug 06, 2013, 19:39:07 »
They've written several articles about this in the car mags. Kids now a days think a car that gets 30 m.p.g. is a gas hog. The price of fuel doesn't equal the instant gratification they get by video games and ordering pizza on their computer. More kids are waiting to get their licenses or not getting them at all. Most are trying to get jobs within walking if not bus distance. Are there kids taking up the hobbies? Yes, but at a much lower rate than the dieing fat guys of my generation. I don't see it happening to bikes as much as cars, and I hear the plane guys have all but given up. It is a dieing technology. Maybe not in our lifetime, but at some point.....Who knows? I know there are more custom shops (both cars and bikes) but as saturation approaches and the $ guys die off it will be another old fad. Look what happened with the chopper craze, now there are all these 60k bikes nobody can dump for 10.... Like everything, as the next fad hits, the core guys who didn't give a shit about the sheeple will still ride, still build, because it's what we do....
"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it."

Offline Scruffy

• West Tennessee
« Reply #17 on: Aug 14, 2013, 18:11:24 »
I'm lucky to find the power button on my computer.

I'm 41, been turning wrenches since I was 4 years old. I'd much rather have a tangible hands on project than sit around playing video games, texting, other stupid pointless shit. Most of my school peers went the other way, they are all techies.

It unfortunately isn't just the current generation of youth.
Professional scooter trash.