www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: CL100  (Read 1248 times)

Offline AndrewR

CL100
« on: Nov 13, 2011, 13:09:29 »
Hey guys, new to the website. Just got a 73 Cl100 from my grandpa since he can;t ride it anymore and hasn't rode it since 78. It was started about 10 years ago by my uncle who got it running. Right now I believe I'm going to try to restore it as much as possible. As of now it has spark and I'm taken apart the carbs (Keihin 22mm I think) and the gaskets are all cracking and in half. Any idea where I could get new gaskets for the carbs? Also there is a fair amount of rust, mostly on the chrome parts. I tried lightly rubbing it with a brillo pad and some rust removal cream, but didn't do much. Any ideas or tricks for anything would be great since I'm new to bikes, thanks.
Whatever it is, it's better in the wind

Offline Crash

• Crashing is a way of life
Re: CL100
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2011, 09:59:05 »
http://www.outwestmotorcycles.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=218

They heve a complete carb kit for 24.50

As for the rust, I would have suggested the brilo pad.  Try 0000 steel wool soaked in WD40.  If not, ?

Offline AndrewR

Re: CL100
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2011, 12:42:39 »
Update on the current situation. Cleaned out the carbs and hooked em back up. Made a water bottle gas tank just to check if it ran and it did quite nicely acutally. Although now I have another problem, the battery was dead the day after it started (and it was a new battery completely charged), believe it has a problem charging when the bike is running, where should i check for this?
Whatever it is, it's better in the wind