I've been busy painting. And as you know, enamel takes a week to cure. Also, I had a hellashish time putting the tranny cases together. The kickstarter spring popped off or the pawl popped out of position every time. I must have redid it 15 times or so! Anyway, I finally just put a bend in the spring so it will stay put. Here are some shots:
The left cover is painted silver while the ignition and alternator covers are the usual polished finish. I still need to drill holes in the sprocket cover. Have to think about a cool pattern. That can come later as I think more about it.
I have to figure out the ignition trigger. I may get the stock rotor/advancer and the pulser unit just to get things going. It depends on the voltage needed for the pulser.
Also, since I figured out how to (somewhat) weld, I built an engine stand. Once it's finished, I can mount the tranny/cylinder and then mount the head. Otherwise, right now it will just flip flop around.
Let's see what else.. I plan on either a DC10-1 single output or a DC7-1 dual output coil. The single comes only in pairs and the dual comes in a single. I may get the single just cuz it's cheaper and it will work. Unless someone here on DTT needs a DC10-1 also. Then we can split it the cost ($120 + shipping to you). It's the normal 5 ohm primary.
I'm still designing the ignition controller but will build it in stages since the last stage requires a lot of code. I will need an ignition curve baseline for prototyping anyway. So, the first stage will be just the stock weighted curve and using whatever trigger to fire a coil transistor to the coil.
I got a 26mm xr200 (PD97 series) Keihin carb ready to go, along with a throttle assembly and Unifilter pod. Also, got an XR200 exhaust header on the way. Not sure how it will fit as it is probably designed for a monoshock chassis. I can cut and weld it to fit though. I plan on some sort of undertail muffler/reverse cone/megaphone.
No stator planned as I will ride lossless. I will be getting some sort of LiPO4 battery. So, I will need to fab and weld up a battery bracket. I don't plan to ride much if at all during the night or for very long at a time. I want to have the motor spin faster with no flywheel and I don't want the issues with charging (6v, 12v, regulator, etc.).
As you noticed, the frame is not yet painted. I have to wait for painting until all the necessary brackets are welded on. I have the tank brackets welded on. The steering stops are welded on but will need to be redone. They aren't even. I'm still practicing welding at the same time. Pics to come later.