So yesterday I finally got back to tearing down the bike. I stripped everything down to the frame, it took me a while as there was a lot of rusty bolts and screws but I just took my time and got everything off. Found more rust but still nothing that I think is going to be a problem. Here are some photos of the rest of the deconstruction.
My pile of parts
dont have anywhere to put things, fortunately I am not going to use most of this stuff.
Here is a pic of the cracked intake manifold. I am going to order a new one on ebay, should be about $40.
Hope the carb is salvageable, going to have to get some new parts most likely. going to be fun to see it all cleaned up.
Had some help
So here is how the frame sits now, I am planning on doing away with the swingarm completely. The plan is to just cut out the ends of the swingarm out and weld them in to the end of the of the new bars so as to keep the stock axle and tensioners.
Here is how I want the frame to look.
And a more accurate mockup with the frame corrected.