www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: My CB450 "No Class!" (Here we go again)  (Read 27411 times)

Offline Cafe Redneck

Re: My CB450 "No Class!" (Here we go again)
« Reply #50 on: Feb 07, 2012, 19:05:40 »
If I've told you once, I've told you a 100 times. Use the right tool for the job ;D. Ouch!!! I feel your pain.

Offline peteGS

• Zuk's Rock!
« Reply #51 on: Feb 08, 2012, 07:36:03 »
If I've told you once, I've told you a 100 times. Use the right tool for the job ;D . Ouch!!! I feel your pain.

Hahahaha yeah... that's what you get when you give it "one more shot for good luck"... I'm sure my thumb will be normal again one day...  ::)
'82 Suzuki GS450E Scrambler - Back on the road after nearly 10 years!

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=28302.0

1949? Ducati Cucciolo T2

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=37749.0

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
« Reply #52 on: Feb 10, 2012, 13:00:30 »
That finger makes me cringe everytime I see it.
 - Haven't given up on the engine yet, but if I do part it out I will keep ALL the DTTers aware as I know some of the items are getting to be "not so common".
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, why don’t you just make sure that you’re just not in fact surrounded by a bunch of assholes, alright?”

JAILBAIT '67 BSA 441 Victor Roadster
STAY CLEAN '67 BSA Spitfire
ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline peteGS

• Zuk's Rock!
« Reply #53 on: Feb 10, 2012, 17:00:26 »
That finger makes me cringe everytime I see it.
 - Haven't given up on the engine yet, but if I do part it out I will keep ALL the DTTers aware as I know some of the items are getting to be "not so common".

It's my "constant reminder" when I'm doing stuff like that HD... just have to rub my finger over the ball of my thumb to remember... hahaha

1949? Ducati Cucciolo T2

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
« Reply #54 on: Feb 23, 2012, 21:22:20 »
Just an update to explain why there has been no updates.
I have been working 6-7 day weeks due to Corporate pulling 6 presses out of my workplace. I am the Maintenance Supervisor and not only oversee my Department but also outside contractors involved with the moves. Not only is there 65-70 hour weeks... and I am salary... but the underlying fear they may be planning to close my Plant..
4 weeks ago my other Hobby took a bad turn. I am a fish keeper and the heater stuck "on" in my 180 gallon aquarium. Killing ALL of my prized Mbuna (Google it). So after flushing about 45 half cooked fish, and cleaning a dead tank, then restocking... the new fish broke out with a case of Ich! (Google it).
My Wifey has been cooking all my favorite meals trying to get me out of the depression (bless her heart) but nothing seems to make it better. So tonight I said "ef-it" and decided I need some shop time... Bought a 40, turned on th tunes and had at it.
Got the head studs out by double nutting the studs without incident and then separated the case haves on the engine.
RUST! everything is covered with RUST!!!
 I swear when it rains it pours. I plan to continue my search for a good donor bike for this project. And felt pretty good to get back at it, even with yet another setback.
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, why don’t you just make sure that you’re just not in fact surrounded by a bunch of assholes, alright?”

ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline DrJ

« Reply #55 on: Feb 23, 2012, 21:28:37 »
I'm still trying to find a 16mm fine thread bolt that I can use to pull the charging systems rotor off the crank to continue with the disassembly of the engine, but I just know everything inside is probably rusted.

Not necessary to remove rotor from crank to split the cases.

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
« Reply #56 on: Feb 23, 2012, 21:30:40 »
Yep... figured that out. Thanks!

ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline peteGS

• Zuk's Rock!
« Reply #57 on: Feb 24, 2012, 16:30:34 »
Just an update to explain why there has been no updates.
I have been working 6-7 day weeks due to Corporate pulling 6 presses out of my workplace. I am the Maintenance Supervisor and not only oversee my Department but also outside contractors involved with the moves. Not only is there 65-70 hour weeks... and I am salary... but the underlying fear they may be planning to close my Plant..
4 weeks ago my other Hobby took a bad turn. I am a fish keeper and the heater stuck "on" in my 180 gallon aquarium. Killing ALL of my prized Mbuna (Google it). So after flushing about 45 half cooked fish, and cleaning a dead tank, then restocking... the new fish broke out with a case of Ich! (Google it).
My Wifey has been cooking all my favorite meals trying to get me out of the depression (bless her heart) but nothing seems to make it better. So tonight I said "ef-it" and decided I need some shop time... Bought a 40, turned on th tunes and had at it.
Got the head studs out by double nutting the studs without incident and then separated the case haves on the engine.
RUST! everything is covered with RUST!!!
 I swear when it rains it pours. I plan to continue my search for a good donor bike for this project. And felt pretty good to get back at it, even with yet another setback.

Wow when it rains it really does pour right? I live by O'Rielly's law...

Very sucky but things do tend to sort themselves out... so hopefully all will either return to normal or morph into something awesome very soon :D

Fingers crossed you'll find yourself a donor parts bike or engine soon and can get moving right along...

1949? Ducati Cucciolo T2

Offline Big Rich

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Heaven is so far away.
« Reply #58 on: Feb 25, 2012, 16:27:58 »
Bad news for sure Hoosier. Hopefully those changes at work are nothing too drastic........

Isn't there some kind of treatment for that Ich? I read into it a long time ago and thought it could either way (destructive or a slight nuisance).

And I think I recall seeing a 450 local to me (Pittsburgh) on craigs........parts only, no title, etc. Interested?

Offline OpTiCz

« Reply #59 on: Feb 25, 2012, 16:35:46 »
Sucks man.
You need a reef controller with temp probe :/

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk