www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Living Room Build - Notes on taps/dies  (Read 18139 times)

Offline Fox

• I've still got those patches...
Re: Living Room Build
« Reply #50 on: Mar 30, 2012, 22:40:52 »
Worked all day reassembling the engine and getting it back on the frame. Here's where were at now. Pretty damn good feeling.

Seat isn't mounted yet, but I threw it on for the picture. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I ordered a seat from DCC instead of making my own, but being that the only workspace I have is my apartment, I decided it wasn't exactly within my capability right now and I'lll make one when I have a dedicated garage/house/workspace. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Next big project I'm planning to tackle is how to mount all my electrics(Condenser, fuse box, etc). Don't see a great way to do it, so if you have ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Alright, I'm going to crash. 8a.m.- 9p.m. of straight wrenching oddly took it out of me. See you boys on the flipside.
"Don't concentrate on the finger, or you'll miss ALL that heavenly glory."

1975 Honda CL360-Build Thread

Offline tron97

« Reply #51 on: Mar 30, 2012, 23:23:04 »
Builds looking great,

For mounting your electronics you should just make a simple little steel or aluminum pan that fits under the rear cowl, and is bolted down to the frame rails.

That gives you a nice flat space to bolt everything down to, and is hidden by the rear bubble.

P,s...im building my bike in a spare bedroom!
BBBBRAP!

Offline Fox

« Reply #52 on: Mar 31, 2012, 15:16:35 »
Unfortunately, I didn't chop my frame, so I've got this big metal hump, so I can't make a flat aluminum surface to work on. I might make one that bolts on the rear hoop. and put my battery there. Wish I didn't have to drill into the frame. We'll see how it all works out. Thanks for the help!

Offline jen

« Reply #53 on: Apr 01, 2012, 21:34:22 »
nice work! i fell for the cl's and have a 72 175, and a 75 360 like yours. the paint on the tank is faded, looks like several gasoline overflows. looking forward to the finished product!

Offline Fox

« Reply #54 on: Apr 01, 2012, 22:00:07 »
Hey cool! A 175? I didn't even know they made them that small. Is that a one cylinder? I'd love to see some pictured of your bikes if you've got them.

You right when you say the gas tank is in rough shape. I didn't want to paint it until I had my seat made, and I still haven't empirically decided on a paint scheme. I've got a few ideas, but can't decide my favorite. I might try and do some mock ups on Photoshop if I can figure out how to do it. Anyone got some insight on this?

Carbs/grips/controls are on. Here's an updated shot.

For next week I've got to mount the electric components, mount my seat, attach 2-1 throttle cable to carbs(Not sure how to do this. Anyone have experience with doing this on Mikunis?), and mount rear brake light. I'm sure I'll have to chase down a few gremlins in the electrical system, but once I get those carbs figured out, I should be ready to fill up and give it a crank! That'll be exciting. I'm projecting two weeks until it's road worthy. I think...

Offline CBs_CB

• '69 CL 350 Project
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2012, 03:28:58 »
Good looking so far...keep it going!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

'69 CL 350 Teardown / Build

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=36281.msg404200#msg404200

Offline Fox

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2012, 16:32:55 »
Not a great update, but it's been so long. My bike got kicked out of my apartment and I've just now got done with finals, so I haven't been able to work on it at all. My brother is taking it back to my Dad's house right now, and I have all the final parts that I need to make it run and ride it, but not time to put them on. Maybe sometime in the next week. I'll post something more when something actually happens. Sorry for such a lame update!

Offline PjkF

• Artist & Vehicle Enthusiast
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2012, 17:42:44 »
That sucks man! But it's a good thing you got a lot of it done when you could work on it so comfortably!
You'll get 'er done!
"Ride it like you stole it, rather, ride it like it's yours."

Variant: 2-up cafe build

Offline DesmoBro

• Busted Nut
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2012, 12:29:22 »
bike is looking good! sorry to hear you've had to move out of the living room One step closer the road tho! I love the exhaust on these makes me want to build a different exhaust for mine
"I desire the things that will destroy me in the end"

Offline drummingpariah

• Building a bettery daily.
    • Driven Daily
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2012, 21:51:51 »
Fox, I'm loving this build. Everything about it is full of heart. I really just want to see it running with you on it. Get that sucker on the road!