www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Living Room Build - Notes on taps/dies  (Read 18151 times)

Offline Fox

• I've still got those patches...
Re: Living Room Build
« Reply #40 on: Feb 21, 2012, 10:04:27 »
Yep thats me in a another ride I love the most Fixed Gear Bike. Also known as fixie. Modification of a track bike. Without any brakes, only stops with you foot pedaling backwards.
I was never interested in 4 wheels haha always two wheels. now my eyes turned from bicycle to motorcycle thats all but.
Cafe racer is such a addicting project that I can't let go.
As soon as I get her running first, I will be posting a build thread of non-loved(crappy looking frame which made all the people hate to modify into a cafe racer) cb400t to a Cafe Racer.
I will be following yours and steal some ideas from you
Is that cool? :)

Very cool! Yeah I actually ride a fixie myself, but the difference is I have front brakes! You must be pretty nuts to ride with no brakes at all! Yeah, I feel ya on the addiction bit. I used to swear against motorcycle, but once I started looking at cafe's it was all out of my hands. I had to get one. What city is that picture in?

Ok cool! I'll be keeping an eye out for it. And no. You may not in any circumstances steal ANY of my ideas[sarcasm]. Take what you want my man!
"Don't concentrate on the finger, or you'll miss ALL that heavenly glory."

1975 Honda CL360-Build Thread

Offline vain

• 1949 HD Panhead Bobber 1977 Suzuki GT 380
    • My band: Mudslide - 80's rock'n roll.
« Reply #41 on: Feb 21, 2012, 10:14:16 »
You must be pretty nuts to ride with no brakes at all!

I used to ride my '49 panhead with no front brakes, suicide shift and only some poor rear drum brakes...
Now i got a front drum brake on it, but i guess my death will be on the old pan  :P

Sorry bout the off topic post, just had to say  ???
Go fast or die last!
www.mudslideparty.com

Offline progriffen

« Reply #42 on: Feb 21, 2012, 13:17:49 »
That pic was taken from my friend at 34th between 7th and 8th avenue in New York.

I live in PA and took a bus trip to NJ with my bike and started to travel for almost 200miles to NYC last year.

Now I am planning on doing that with cafe racer I am gonna make.

Alright I should get some work done to show off some progress I am having.

Keep up the good work man!

Offline PjkF

• Artist & Vehicle Enthusiast
« Reply #43 on: Mar 03, 2012, 01:49:53 »
Looking good so far!

I must admit, I am a little bit jealous of the fact that you are building this in the comfort of your living room.
I said something in passing to my landlord, that was either a really great idea, or a absolute disaster of a decision.
Long story short, it's in a buddy's garage rather than in my living room.

I bet having the bike there really helps with getting the tedious things done easier! Tinker here, tinker there.

I also wish I had a tube frame rather than the stamped steel. But hey, work with what you got right?

/end rant

I can't wait to see what your finished engine is going to look like. I like the raw material shiny bits.
"Ride it like you stole it, rather, ride it like it's yours."

Variant: 2-up cafe build

Offline Ringo

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #44 on: Mar 03, 2012, 01:57:34 »
Not sure if anyone else mentioned it, but keep an eye on that Kreme liner.  That stuff has been known to give people all sorts of trouble after being immersed in gas for a while.  It seems to be the most failure-prone liner out there.
Chris

Offline vain

• 1949 HD Panhead Bobber 1977 Suzuki GT 380
    • My band: Mudslide - 80's rock'n roll.
« Reply #45 on: Mar 15, 2012, 02:46:11 »
how's it going Fox?  8)
Go fast or die last!
www.mudslideparty.com

Offline Fox

« Reply #46 on: Mar 24, 2012, 21:49:31 »
Howdy Gents,

So, quick apology for my lacking online presence recently. School has been one big project to the next, and I've gone out of town for the past two weekends. I'm not on spring break, and I've stayed at school just so I can finish working on my bike. My goal is to have everything on the bike except for seat and handlebars(found out the ones I had were the wrong size. Go figure).

Now, on to real updates. I'll lead off with this.

ROLLING FRAME BABY! Oh yeah.

Haha, I'm excited. Maybe a little too much, but hey, whatever. Got new tires mounted and cleaned up the rims as best as I could. Here are some close ups of the tires.

Next up is painting the top end of the engine. Working on that all tomorrow, then Monday I get the valves reinstalled and start to reassemble. Yee haw! Keep an eye out, updates should be plentiful this coming week. Hope everyones doin' well!

Offline madmatt1

« Reply #47 on: Mar 24, 2012, 23:15:21 »
I just caught wind of this build you've got going on- very impressive! I thought I was pretty cool for working on my bike down in my basement- you've got me beat! Nice job so far!
CL350 build thread:
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=58435.0

1977 Kawasaki KZ1000
2003 Suzuki SV1000N
1975 Kawasaki KZ400
1977 Honda CB750K basket case

Offline PjkF

• Artist & Vehicle Enthusiast
« Reply #48 on: Mar 25, 2012, 14:32:38 »
It's looking great! What size tires did you end up getting for the front/back? They look like they're the perfect size. And that frame is looking all sorts of sweet. A frame in a fresh coat of black always looks nice. (especially a de-tabbed one)
"Ride it like you stole it, rather, ride it like it's yours."

Variant: 2-up cafe build

Offline Fox

« Reply #49 on: Mar 27, 2012, 21:02:16 »
I just caught wind of this build you've got going on- very impressive! I thought I was pretty cool for working on my bike down in my basement- you've got me beat! Nice job so far!

Heh Heh. Yeah, pretty nutso. Can't say I wouldn't trade placews with you though. Living space and Garage have a hard time coexisting.

It's looking great! What size tires did you end up getting for the front/back? They look like they're the perfect size. And that frame is looking all sorts of sweet. A frame in a fresh coat of black always looks nice. (especially a de-tabbed one)

Thanks! Tires are 2.75x18 front and 3.5x18 back. They came out really well actually. Pretty happy with them. Ah! I know! Puts all the parts I didn't get powder coated to shame! Some pictures of progress will be up later tonight.