So like anyone out there I hate paying for parts. So when it came time to put the cables on and I needed custom sizes I just had to make them myself.
There are a few "How to's" on the web so I gathered as much info as I could and had a go at it. The first few turned out horrible but I got it down to a pretty good system and thought I would share it.
I machined two small pieces of metal 3/16" with holes for the ends and a channel for the cable. I figure this would make the end a bit long but I could just file it to size after. In the picture there is only on hole but I also made the brake cable so I used the same piece for the clutch with two holes in each half.
I cut the cable to length and then frayed the ends out to help grab the metal that I used for the ends.
Then clamped it all together with a healthy dose of flux for good measure. I filed in some solder shavings to help start the melt process and hopefully fill in the gaps. There was a bit of trial and error but I found that with some shavings and flux there was enough heat to melt it all and pull in the solder so I wouldn't have any air pockets.
Then heated the bottom until it was good and hot and melted the old end and some extra solder into the hole. It turned out pretty good once I had the system figured out. Just be careful to not torch the cable or that will bend and ruin your whole day.
And boom! New cables.