www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: GL500 Cafe Fighter  (Read 16781 times)

Offline full on tin

• www.benjaminfullerton.com
GL500 Cafe Fighter
« Reply #20 on: Apr 19, 2012, 17:04:28 »
Where did you find  your air filer foam for your stacks?  Pics?
... Love the open space under the tail!

Offline Skitzo

Re: GL500 Cafe Fighter
« Reply #21 on: Apr 20, 2012, 01:14:10 »
Thanks everyone for the comps. 

Hey Tin, as far as filter foam at first I used some industrial air filter pads, but it didn't last.  It tore a hole in it, since then I've been using a UNI filter around the outside of the stacks.

Offline Skitzo

« Reply #22 on: Apr 28, 2012, 01:22:07 »
some pics I never posted of the new layout for the foot rests and controls.  Pushed them 5" back and 2" up.  It's a much more comfortable ride, for sure.  I also made a new side stand and removed the mechanics stand.

Offline rhythmguitar

« Reply #23 on: Jul 30, 2012, 13:35:00 »
I love the build!  Do you have any issues with knee clearance on those cylinder heads??!!   

Offline Skitzo

« Reply #24 on: Jul 30, 2012, 14:27:06 »
I love the build!  Do you have any issues with knee clearance on those cylinder heads??!!

Not at all,  so far everyone whose rode it big and small haven't had any problems.  My knees do get a little toasty on hot days, but on cooler days or up in the mountains I don't notice.

Offline At Barn's End

• Building dreams "At Barn's End"
« Reply #25 on: Oct 28, 2014, 20:22:02 »
I love the bike, do you have any pictures of the frame modification to fit the underside of the tank? I'm looking to change to a more narrow tank but know I'm going to run into the ribs on each side of the frame that extend out.  I had the same problem with my cb750, but modded the tank instead of the frame. 

Offline Skitzo

« Reply #26 on: Nov 05, 2014, 14:09:05 »
I love the bike, do you have any pictures of the frame modification to fit the underside of the tank? I'm looking to change to a more narrow tank but know I'm going to run into the ribs on each side of the frame that extend out.  I had the same problem with my cb750, but modded the tank instead of the frame.

These are the only two pics I have showing what was removed.  Hope it helps.

Cheers