Brother I really enjoy this part of the build the most, it is nice to keep adding new and restored parts to the frame!
I worked on the Bridgestone a lot today, I decided that I wanted to get the back wheel completely done and the axle bolted down so I worked on the rear brake and drive systems.
The original back brake cable was in good mechanical condition however it looked pretty rough so I cleaned the casing and restored the metal pieces and the arm. I had already posted a photo of the brake stay after I restored it however I thought it should be in this photo as well, the switch is a new old stock brake switch that Brother casi found for the build!
I have had the brake pedal sitting on the frame however these are the rest of the rear brake components and the rear brake plate arm that Brother casi had rechromed, the rest of the hardware and springs had a lot of rust so I restored them today.
This photo shows the brake pedal and the brake switch mounted on the frame, all of the hardware and cable connections are behind the frame rail.
The rear brake system is complete and functional!
My goal for today was to complete the rear brake system however I finished it ahead of schedule so I decided to move to the other side and work on the drive components! I installed the transmissions electronics to the engine case, I also cleaned and installed the front sprocket and mounted it.
Brother casi had also sent a new DID chain so I installed it.
The entire rear wheel, brakes, and drive are now complete and this is how she is resting this evening!