www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: KZ650 no clever title  (Read 14730 times)

Offline dcmspikes

Re: KZ650 no clever title
« Reply #30 on: Jul 01, 2012, 20:07:52 »
^^^^  im not sure what that means or how to take it. I'm laughing, but maybe i should not be.  i usually just call it "my bike. . . .  no, the one that runs"

Offline Swapmeet Louie

• Put some metal in yer eye....
« Reply #31 on: Jul 01, 2012, 20:09:29 »
you should be, I am.... Whats a dike? a bitch! :) Ha!
" an opinion form someone who knows not of which he speaks is worse than worthless" TEAZER

"Carb tuning is a black art. It's voodoo(sic), scientiology and comet worship all rolled into a pile. There's is no blue pill, it's a matter of taking the time and earning the bloody knuckles. " Swagger

Offline Swapmeet Louie

• Put some metal in yer eye....
« Reply #32 on: Jul 01, 2012, 20:10:19 »
In other words... Make that thing your Bitch!!!!
" an opinion form someone who knows not of which he speaks is worse than worthless" TEAZER

"Carb tuning is a black art. It's voodoo(sic), scientiology and comet worship all rolled into a pile. There's is no blue pill, it's a matter of taking the time and earning the bloody knuckles. " Swagger

Offline dcmspikes

some updates
« Reply #33 on: Aug 14, 2012, 11:46:17 »
so, i have been working on this contraption.  not nearly as much as i have been riding it.  lately i have been working on the more modern dual front disc set-up and i made a fork brace. 

so this is one of the rotors and the carrier i had water jet out of .25" Al. 

now i am making some spacers that fit behind this carrier to bring the rotors out so that the calipers clear the spokes.  one is done.  no pic yet

this is the fork brace

bad part is that it doesn't brace very much.  its 5052 18g  AL.  i was hoping the beads would stiffen it up, but there is still lots of flex in it.  oh well, for a few ounces its better than nothing and a good time learning

Offline dcmspikes

almost there
« Reply #34 on: Sep 20, 2012, 20:55:25 »
ok.  made some spacers that attach at the hub and then register the rotor carriers. 

last night i found out that all i have to do is weld some more material to the caliper bracket and drill/tap a hole.
the bracket with extra material ( before final shaping and hole)

hopefully tonight i will have it all bolted up. on one side at least.  almost there. 

Offline dcmspikes

« Reply #35 on: Oct 08, 2012, 11:59:46 »
well, i put it all together and the speedo drive hit the bolt heads holding the rotors on.  so off to the machine shop to make a speedo block off/spacer and while i was at it i made the spacer for the other side of the wheel out of Aluminum as well.  here it is.