www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: Speedfiends Camper Redo  (Read 13714 times)

Offline Speedfiend

Re: Speedfiends Camper Redo
« Reply #30 on: Feb 11, 2012, 18:00:54 »
Thanks guys! No progress this weekend, too damn cold. 

The pistol is a US Revolver Co. .32 cal solid frame. Made by Iver Johnsons Arms and Cycle works between 1911-1935. They were 2nd line guns made to use up old, left over black powder parts, sold by mail order and never listed in the IJ catologue. By most accounts, a decent shooter, but not much collecter value. about $50-100 depending on condition.
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2012, 18:28:59 by Speedfiend »
WWW.meltdownvintage.com

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #31 on: Feb 11, 2012, 20:45:30 »
Certainly is a cool pistol none the less. Good purse gun for the missus.
Like a river that don't know where it's flowin'
I took a wrong turn and just kept goin'

Offline Speedfiend

« Reply #32 on: Feb 11, 2012, 21:10:29 »
Yeah, thats what I thought. Gonna have my uncle clean it up and blue it for me. When i fire it I'll let you guys know.
WWW.meltdownvintage.com

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #33 on: Feb 11, 2012, 21:14:45 »
Cool man. I have a little pistol my buddy gave me. It fires .22 shorts (6 shot revolver). Nobody I can find has ever seen one like it before. It has "Capt. Jack 1873" stamped into the body. Anyhow, little vintage pistols are neat... Haha
Like a river that don't know where it's flowin'
I took a wrong turn and just kept goin'

Offline ben2go

• Two Wheel Projectile
« Reply #34 on: Feb 12, 2012, 13:08:41 »
Thanks guys! No progress this weekend, too damn cold. 

The pistol is a US Revolver Co. .32 cal solid frame. Made by Iver Johnsons Arms and Cycle works between 1911-1935. They were 2nd line guns made to use up old, left over black powder parts, sold by mail order and never listed in the IJ catologue. By most accounts, a decent shooter, but not much collecter value. about $50-100 depending on condition.

I was thinking those were the pistols used by service men and police between WWI and WWII.

Offline Speedfiend

« Reply #35 on: Feb 18, 2012, 19:18:32 »
Yeah,  I was hoping it'd be something really cool and valueble,  but hey its still kinda neat.

Made a little progress. I replaced all the rotten framing. I'm almost ready to pull the walls down.

Then onto the floor. Once the floor is up, it'll be the bare frame and axel. I was shopping around for supplies to refurbish the axel, brake pads, wheel cylinders and such, and found that it will be more cost/time effective to just buy a new axel. This brings me to someting thats been bothering me-how high my camper sits. Its like 18" off the ground. It looks like a mobile home. Frickin killing me. So I'll just use a 4" drop axel. I'll have to raise the wheel wells, no biggie. Something else I don't love, it doesn't have cut-outs for the wheel wells. I'm thinking of doing a scolloped cut-out.
WWW.meltdownvintage.com

Offline Cafe Redneck

« Reply #36 on: Feb 19, 2012, 09:49:12 »
I agree, opening wheel area would look better.

Offline DesmoBro

• Busted Nut
« Reply #37 on: Feb 20, 2012, 00:26:56 »
cool build can't wait to see it with bamboo hardwood and Marble counter tops :D
"I desire the things that will destroy me in the end"

Offline devon

« Reply #38 on: Feb 20, 2012, 01:45:21 »
Love this. Been thinking abotu doing something like it for a looong time, good luck! I'll be tuned in 8)

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #39 on: Feb 20, 2012, 02:05:33 »
I was gonna say decommission the gun and use it as a door handle for the camper.  Or get a few more and make wind chimes out of them :)

Looks like Kiley's shop did a few weeks back.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."