www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: XS650 first start in 2 months.  (Read 2167 times)

Offline ProSimex

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • RUN SCREAMING!!!
XS650 first start in 2 months.
« on: Feb 05, 2012, 14:10:44 »
Went to my brothers place where I'm keeping my bike for the winter.  Im a terrible motorcycle owner and didnt drain the carbs, add fuel stabaliser, ect. 

Started first kick though!

The wife took some videos, this is the only one she's uploaded though.

And yes I wore a helmet when I took it for a spin, so dont get all flustered.
"Love is the feelin you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."

"That's got CV's? Take a #2 phillips screwdriver, heat the tip with a torch until cherry red and plunge it into your eye. It will hurt less. Really."- Kopcicle

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
Re: XS650 first start in 2 months.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2012, 14:27:59 »
Throw some Seafoam in the tank and run it a bit and you'll be fine till spring :)

Nice quality HD 1080p video - I'm so tired of people still taking standard def video in this day and age.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline ProSimex

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • RUN SCREAMING!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2012, 14:35:17 »
I've heard of this "seafoam" stuff, might try some.  Yeah the in-laws got us a really nice HD camera for Christmas, works a trick. 
"Love is the feelin you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."

"That's got CV's? Take a #2 phillips screwdriver, heat the tip with a torch until cherry red and plunge it into your eye. It will hurt less. Really."- Kopcicle

Captmilk

« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2012, 14:36:17 »
I'm not that gutsy, my father-in-law rides all year round. I'm just a March to December rider......im in Erie, PA

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2012, 15:10:55 »
Seafoam is magic :)  It cleans the internals of the fuel system and also stabilizes fuel.  Just don't over-do it.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline ProSimex

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • RUN SCREAMING!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2012, 15:17:31 »
Thats what I hear, my buddy in Vancouver just bough a honda shadow.  It was running like crap.  A few laps up and down the street with seafoam in the tank and its running like a top apparently.

Offline ProSimex

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • RUN SCREAMING!!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2012, 16:54:37 »
Its this awefull  stuff called snow that my fellow Canadians insist that they like.