www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: AMA Big Kahuna Nationals - April 20/21/22  (Read 3205 times)

Offline john83

• DTT SUPPORTER
AMA Big Kahuna Nationals - April 20/21/22
« on: Feb 19, 2012, 19:28:11 »
AMA Pro Roadracing is coming to Road Atlanta. This looks like it would be a lot of fun plus they are going to have a cafe bike show.

Check it out:
http://www.m1powersports.com/blog/big-kahuna-atlanta-to-feature-cafe-racer-village-with-live-music-builders-vendors-and-a-custom-cafe-bike-show/

Anyone want to go?

Offline 03rangerxlt

Re: AMA Big Kahuna Nationals - April 20/21/22
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2012, 15:16:05 »
Damnit!  I REALLY want to go, but I'm working that weekend and I've already taken off for my wedding that week.
-John 1972 CB500

"Honey, how 'bout I lock you up on charges of aggrevated dumb slut with no future?"
-Det. Ray Carling "Life on Mars"

"Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society's understanding."

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2012, 15:48:17 »
Damnit!  I REALLY want to go, but I'm working that weekend and I've already taken off for my wedding that week.

Sounds like a good weekend to catch the flu.
Like a river that don't know where it's flowin'
I took a wrong turn and just kept goin'

Offline lingo

• social pariah
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2012, 18:01:28 »
John, just take the time. I agree with Von
CB450K3- organ donor
CB450K3- On the road again.

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2012, 18:05:36 »
Been talking with Jason from Dime City about this today.  We'd love to have a DTT presence there but I don't think I can swing a trip to Atlanta in April along with Utah in August and Alabama in October - wife might kill me.

So if anyone's keen on going and wants to be 'official' about it maybe we can get the pop-up tent and banner from Kiley's place over there and set up.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline Flugtechnik

• My bike is not transportation, it is a respite
    • Nixon and Me
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2012, 18:06:27 »
Balls! 

Our roller derby team has a home bout that weekend. I'm in charge of bout production or else I'd skip it. It is only a three hour ride from me too!

Balls!

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2012, 18:14:35 »
That's about the most off the wall excuse I think I've ever heard :D  Maybe we should be coming out to your roller derby events!
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline Flugtechnik

• My bike is not transportation, it is a respite
    • Nixon and Me
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2012, 21:55:19 »
LOL. That would be awesome. I did make sure we did not schedule a bout during Barber. Maybe I can make it to this next year.

Offline john83

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2012, 16:50:09 »
I'm only about two hours from the track. I'm only about two hours from Kileys. I'm pretty sure i am gonna be able to go.
I'm not sure if I can be there all three days though.

Offline RumRunner

« Reply #9 on: Feb 26, 2012, 13:24:09 »
Been talking with Jason from Dime City about this today.  We'd love to have a DTT presence there but I don't think I can swing a trip to Atlanta in April along with Utah in August and Alabama in October - wife might kill me.

So if anyone's keen on going and wants to be 'official' about it maybe we can get the pop-up tent and banner from Kiley's place over there and set up.

I'll be up in Bristol until Sunday morning (but I'm going on Sunday), but I know a number of guys going at least one or two of the guys I normally ride with will be displaying bikes too.

Offline RumRunner

« Reply #10 on: Apr 13, 2012, 17:26:13 »
We've got a group meeting up at the Race on Sunday if anyone's interested in meeting up shoot me an email.

Doug

georgiacaferacer@gmail.com

Offline john83

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #11 on: Apr 20, 2012, 12:02:25 »
I think I am going to go on Sunday as well. I'll probably have to drive because my bike is down at the moment and I don't know if I'll have the parts yet. I'll shoot you an email when I'm sure.

Offline RumRunner

« Reply #12 on: Apr 20, 2012, 12:40:32 »
John,

I'll be there on Sunday so hopefully we'll see you.

Doug

Offline john83

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #13 on: Apr 20, 2012, 18:54:58 »
Just got my oil cooler back from the shop! If I can get it hooked up before Sunday I'll head over.

Offline RumRunner

« Reply #14 on: Apr 24, 2012, 18:33:23 »
Races were great, just wished all of the vendors didn't clean up so early on Sunday...

Offline john83

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #15 on: Apr 24, 2012, 22:28:12 »
Yeah, seriously, what was up with that? I got there about 11 and it looked like everyone was just getting set up. I ran into an old friend and we went to walk through the paddocks and watch the XR1200 race. By the time I wandered back up to the cafe racer village area everyone was either tearing down or already gone. Just the big stuff was left, the Triumph tent such. What the deuce?

Offline RumRunner

« Reply #16 on: Apr 24, 2012, 22:58:25 »
Same thing I got there about 10:30, and thought guys were still setting up when I realized they were leaving.  Had a nice conversation with the guys from Taxxion, but by the time I got back there they were gone  >:(  At least the folks from Triumph & Freedom stayed open till the end.