www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: Summer sleeping quarters  (Read 22735 times)

Offline DesmoBro

• Busted Nut
Re: Summer sleeping quarters
« Reply #110 on: Jan 30, 2013, 02:00:22 »
keep the good ideas flowing
It is appreciated
"I desire the things that will destroy me in the end"

Offline troybilt

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #111 on: Jan 31, 2013, 01:08:10 »
There is info all over the net on things to do that save. I can tell you first hand that it can be done. We are still chugging along at 19-21kwh/day down from 70-75kwh/day. That's a massive difference. = A lot more money in my pocket

Moving on to the cabin yesterday I purchased enough 2x4 studs (40) to finish framing the inside. I also picked up a 125 amp service panel, enough 12-2 wire and all the boxes to rough in the wiring. Since the main service wire wont be ran until later in the spring and  I don't want to run saws and planner off 200' of extension cords running from the house, I moved the generator down. I purchased a breaker for the generator so once its wired the generator can power the service panel and power tools can simply be plugged in to the closest outlet.

This is where phase II of this project begins. As you can see she collected a little junk over winter and A little cleaning is in order.

« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2013, 01:28:51 by troybilt »
"One should not be too distracted by definitions. Ideas transcend definitions." — Neil deGrasse Tyson

"And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." — Ray Wylie Hubbard

“There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.”
— Hindu Proverb

Offline 7aliveatlast7

• the bearded hessian
« Reply #112 on: Jan 31, 2013, 14:58:12 »
can't wait to see it getting worked on again.  my wife and i packed our bags, we're all ready to move in when it's finished  ;D

Offline Maritime

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #113 on: Jan 31, 2013, 16:25:12 »
Thanks Troy.  We are doing most of those things as we can.   I will be doubling the attic isulation and blowing it in so it fills all the space.  We have a lot there now but it is bats.  Also we are going all digital programable t stats and thet help.  Gone almost all cfl bulbs etc.  And we have a few older appliances to change out as well.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2
The GL Rebirth: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68337.0
CX500 Low budget Bobber : http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43617.0
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer" -Henry Lawson
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline DesmoBro

• Busted Nut
« Reply #114 on: Jan 31, 2013, 17:20:27 »
is that a stove in the back?

Offline Big Rich

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Heaven is so far away.
« Reply #115 on: Jan 31, 2013, 17:24:38 »
It certainly is! Troy found it locally to me. It was a STEAL!

Offline DesmoBro

• Busted Nut
« Reply #116 on: Jan 31, 2013, 17:41:42 »
that's awesome is it wood power? I love that Vintage stuff they don't make em like that anymore...

Offline troybilt

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #117 on: Jan 31, 2013, 23:50:08 »
can't wait to see it getting worked on again.  my wife and i packed our bags, we're all ready to move in when it's finished  ;D
haha might have a little line ahead of ya but you are more than welcome anytime. That's one of the main reasons I'm building it
"One should not be too distracted by definitions. Ideas transcend definitions." — Neil deGrasse Tyson

"And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." — Ray Wylie Hubbard

“There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.”
— Hindu Proverb

Offline troybilt

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #118 on: Feb 01, 2013, 00:05:19 »
Thanks Troy.  We are doing most of those things as we can.   I will be doubling the attic isulation and blowing it in so it fills all the space.  We have a lot there now but it is bats.  Also we are going all digital programable t stats and thet help.  Gone almost all cfl bulbs etc.  And we have a few older appliances to change out as well.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2
All sounds good Mike and you should see a difference for sure. One thing you can do is go to your attic with a can or two of spray foam insulation. Follow the wiring where it leaves the attic and enters the walls. Simply fill the holes around the wires. you won't believe how much of a difference it will make. Also if you have forced air make sure all the ducts on the hot side are insulated. Same with hot water pipes. Insulation makes a massive difference and pays for itself very fast.

that's awesome is it wood power? I love that Vintage stuff they don't make em like that anymore...

They really don't. The stove is in fantastic shape for its age. Rich and his wonderful wife actually dealt with the seller for me. Without them the deal would have never happened. Anyhow, the stove is set up for natural gas but I plan to convert it to LP.

— Hindu Proverb