www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: Summer sleeping quarters  (Read 19737 times)

Offline JustinLonghorn

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
Re: Summer sleeping quarters
« Reply #40 on: Mar 20, 2012, 09:29:41 »
Troy, you are an impressive man. The can do, make it happen, use what you've got approach to things is absolutely beautiful.

It is something that is disappearing from this country. You should take some of these build threads and pictures and hold seminars for today's youth. Go high school to high school showing kids what can be done with their bare hands. Get kids off their duffs and outside working/thinking/doing. Practical thinking and practical application. Yep.
I'm going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

Into The Sunset, CB750 build

TT500 the Animal

Offline Maritime

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #41 on: Mar 20, 2012, 09:56:04 »
+10000000 to what Justin said.  To many kids just sit on their buts in front of something electronic and don't know how or why things get done!  They need to learn and balance the games/phones/computers with hands on hard work.
The GL Rebirth: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68337.0
CX500 Low budget Bobber : http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43617.0
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer" -Henry Lawson
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline ako

« Reply #42 on: Mar 20, 2012, 10:13:20 »
Hahaha, You ask a kid today to help you put a stump in and he will start looking for an i-pod app for that.

Ride at the back and keep your spanners off our moles.

Offline troybilt

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #43 on: Mar 21, 2012, 22:07:07 »
Man that's gonna be cool
Thank you. I'm hoping its cool in more ways than one ;D . If the breeze off the water the other day was any indication then we should at least be comfortable ;D

Heck yeah Troy! It's starting to show it's potential now.......I'm glad you guys like that window (and it arrived to your place in one piece). What did the Mrs. say about it when she saw it? It was good to see you guys again - throw another hug in there for your dad from us.

On a side note: yes, those guys showed up after you left. So the CR60 is sold. And I'll talk to my father in law about that other stuff.

The window is fantastic Rich. I called home once we were close and got Suz out of bed :o . She didn't seem to mind, I guess, but she couldn't believe we were going to try to unload the monster with just the three of us :o .
Anyhow, it was great to see you and Meg as well. Dad and I both noticed how much she is glowing and we talked about it on the way home. It's sooooo close and we're all excited for you both!
Congrates on selling the CR! That's fantastic.
If you don't mind ask you father in-law about an entrance door. Best of all it will give us a reason to get together again ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2012, 23:43:10 by troybilt »
"One should not be too distracted by definitions. Ideas transcend definitions." — Neil deGrasse Tyson

"And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." — Ray Wylie Hubbard

“There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.”
— Hindu Proverb

Offline troybilt

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #44 on: Mar 21, 2012, 22:11:32 »
That last pic says it all man!  Don't worry, Suz will be sleeping in there in no time!  Great work brother, and give your pops a big ol' bear hug for me.
I dono Kiley at this point i'm not sure I'd want to sleep in there ;D . Hopefully it will start looking like something soon and I can at least show it to her. She's been working late lately and is yet to come down and check it out. I'm really hoping the windows are in and I have the floor scrubbed before she looks too close ;D
But anyhow, yeah looking at it there seems to be some real potential right?

He's over do a hug from me as well so I guess I can do a double one next time ;D
"One should not be too distracted by definitions. Ideas transcend definitions." — Neil deGrasse Tyson

"And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." — Ray Wylie Hubbard

“There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.”
— Hindu Proverb

Offline troybilt

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #45 on: Mar 21, 2012, 22:20:47 »
Troy, you are an impressive man. The can do, make it happen, use what you've got approach to things is absolutely beautiful.

It is something that is disappearing from this country. You should take some of these build threads and pictures and hold seminars for today's youth. Go high school to high school showing kids what can be done with their bare hands. Get kids off their duffs and outside working/thinking/doing. Practical thinking and practical application. Yep.

Justin you are much too kind man but thank you for the kind words. I do agree with trying to motivate a generation. We really have turned into a generation of consumers and its kind of sad.
To be honest though, when it comes to these kind of projects maybe I'm just to ignorant to know that I shouldn't or can't ;D . I don't know what I'm doing but love problem solving. My pops is great at figuring solutions for this kind of stuff and I guess I'm trying to follow in his foot steps. 

— Hindu Proverb

Offline troybilt

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #46 on: Mar 21, 2012, 22:30:36 »
+10000000 to what Justin said.  To many kids just sit on their buts in front of something electronic and don't know how or why things get done!  They need to learn and balance the games/phones/computers with hands on hard work.

Amen Mike! You know, maybe that's one reason I'm involved with the arts in our community. The arts really do help kids become creative thinkers, focus, problem solve, think outside the box and in general, be more aware of their surroundings. I didn't realize how important the arts are in children's lives until my children were much older. Anyhow, I guess in my own way, I'm trying to make a difference in the lives of children in our community ;D

— Hindu Proverb

Offline frogman

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • '74 CB360, '71 CB450, '75 CB550SS
« Reply #47 on: Mar 21, 2012, 22:31:45 »
 Maybe it's not the knowing the yes or no... or maybe it is.

Maybe it's just finding the problem and then figuring out YOUR answer... regardless what someome else says is right.

Maybe it's not setting for what is someone else's right, it's finding your own.

Whatever it is, Troy you've got it. Keep it up bud I do hope I get to meet and greet some day, you're one heck of a Guy, few and far between if you ask me.

Offline troybilt

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #48 on: Mar 21, 2012, 22:47:05 »
Maybe it's not the knowing the yes or no... or maybe it is.

Maybe it's just finding the problem and then figuring out YOUR answer... regardless what someome else says is right.

Maybe it's not setting for what is someone else's right, it's finding your own.

Whatever it is, Troy you've got it. Keep it up bud I do hope I get to meet and greet some day, you're one heck of a Guy, few and far between if you ask me.

Thanks brother. You know, I've spent my entire life watching my father figure out how to do stuff. Maybe not the same way another person might have done it, but quite often the end result would be the same or even better. I think that's worth something ;D .
I really apprecite the kind words. But yeah man I hope to meet you as well. I have a small list going of people on these boards I really hope to meet before my time is up ;D 

— Hindu Proverb

Offline troybilt

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #49 on: Mar 21, 2012, 22:55:02 »
So we've put in two pretty hard days but not much exciting to show for it (kind of 6 steps backward to take 1 forward sort of deal ::) ). Anyhow, I did pick up two 6' windows for the front, for $50. Came at the right time because we needed to start building the front wall and until now, we wern't set on window openings.

Yesterday we built the center header and lowered the building in place. As little as that seems, it took most of the day. We had to use two jacks and had to wiggle the building into place.
Building the center header

Getting the building lowered into place. It was an extremely slow process!

At the end of the day, all lowered into place and ready for deconstruction ;D

« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2012, 23:46:34 by troybilt »

— Hindu Proverb