CB550 - Tronda

buckeyebike

Over 1,000 Posts
A better name hasn't come to me yet, so Tronda is it for now . . . Triumph tank :D

1975 CB550F with 5400 Original Miles- still has the yellow paint from factory on several bolts and the paper safety label on the frame by the battery. This has been a challenge because I decided from the beginning that I would not alter the originality of the bike. Still have all the stock parts, everything as clean as the bike itself.

List:
Clip-ons
OEM Upper Clamp Polished and shaved off handlebar cradles
Stainless Headlight Brackets
Suzuki Front Brake Lever Assembly
Lowered Guages
Aftermarket Headlamp
Rizoma Mirror
Triumph Tank w/ Monza Cap
GFTP Seat (still needs upholstered)
Polished Cases
NOS Alphabet Headers 4:1 Exhaust
Coker Firestones (might change these out . . .)
Custom Paint

Left to do:
Move Battery/Electrics or add side panels
Remove Airbox & Install the Velo Stacks
Little crap . . .

CB550Blue010.jpg

CB550Blue006.jpg

CB550Blue003.jpg

Looks great! What kind of Triumph tank and year, and did it need any modding to fit it? If yes what?

That paint job is awesome. Im currently in the process of trying to decide how I want my bike painted. What am I looking at spending if I go for a unique paint job like yours? I am just looking for a ball park figure, obviously it varies depending on the situation. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out!

Thanks all. Not done yet, but getting close.

The paint was $400, but my buddy who painted it said he could not do it again for that due to the time it took for three colors. I think he'd do it for $500. His work is unbelievable.

Here's another one he did for me:

CB175Cafe001-1.jpg

CL175Cafe2004.jpg

WOW! That is unbelievable! Did you create the paint schemes or did you leave it all up to your friend? Because of the high cost im considering going light on the visuals and doing something minor with some vinyls. There is a local guy that prints and applies vinyls to race cars, tractor trailers, street cars, business vehicles, business signs, etc. I think im am going to see if he can help me out with something simple but cool for my kz550 build. My uncle is a professional painter and he is going to paint my bike for free. I only had to buy some clear coat because he didnt have any. Because he is doing it for free I cant complain and im not going to be difficult. He has got quite a few colors to choose from so I will have him just do everything one color and I'll get some design with vinyls.

LearnAsIGo! said:
Looks great! What kind of Triumph tank and year, and did it need any modding to fit it? If yes what?

So are you going to reveal the secrets of the Triumph tank? :)

buckeyebike said:
No big secret on the tank, just made a bracket to attach to the frame- pretty strait forward.

So you just weld the brackets on? Also I'd love to know what model and year tank that is?

Nope, just made a bracket that bolts to the mounitng points on the tank because as I mentioned, I am not modifying the bike, rather what I put on it- It is a Hinckley Twin tank (modern).

Back
Top Bottom