www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Would u pay $300 for this???  (Read 2749 times)

Offline jtricer1973

Would u pay $300 for this???
« on: Mar 01, 2012, 21:58:22 »
1973 XS650 motor and frame with clear title. I have my CB900 to pour money into but man I'm tempted to pick this up!!!

Offline Von Kirk 75 dt250

• DT250 project in the works!
Re: Would u pay $300 for this???
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2012, 22:04:40 »
do it!
Four wheels move the body,
But two wheels move the soul.

I don't need special paint and chrome
for my bike, i know how big my cock is.
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=35089.0

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2012, 22:07:29 »
I'd consider it if the engine had really nice compression.  Lot depends on where you're located and how scarce they are.  If you had all the other bits (i.e. wheels and a front end etc.) it might be worthwhile but its a loooooong way and a lot of $ from being a complete bike.  You'd probably be just as well off buying a running complete bike for $1500.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline Big Rich

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Heaven is so far away.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2012, 22:13:46 »
I would if I had a XS650 project or wanted to look for one with no title. Or if you have plenty of storage space and an extra $300 around.

Offline Seraphx7

« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2012, 22:14:29 »
This guy in my area was selling just about same only had a bunch more parts like rims etc asking 300.00. I was stubborn at 275.00... I say go for it.

Offline jtricer1973

« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2012, 22:17:16 »
Think I might do it!! Can't help myself, although I do agree with Tim that its a long way and a lot of $ from being a bike.

Offline jtricer1973

« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2012, 22:24:25 »
The image in my head of that engine all shiny and clean sitting in that frame nicely painted sitting on a work stand in my garage with all its endless possibilities and potential  is just too strong!!! Gonna look at it Sat morning and probably offer $200 bucks!!!

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2012, 13:40:08 »
$200 would be a no-brainer for it.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline 77trump

« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2012, 21:50:01 »
$200 would be a no-brainer for it.

completely agree that $two-hunge is done deal. XS's are one of my all time favorites and rightfully so. Pull that clutch-side cover off though and make sure your kickstart spring boss casting built into the case isn't broken off by some gorilla PO....or, you'll be spending a rainy Saturday morning drilling and tapping your case to fix it like me....and getting yelled at by your old lady for buying "that POS"  ;D FTW
ride, wrench, repeat.

Offline Ringo

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #9 on: Mar 02, 2012, 21:55:40 »
Money pit.  I wouldn't touch it.  I've made a resolution to only buy runners from now on.
Chris