what is that kickstand called?

hotducati

Hey guys. I saw this kickstand for this bike and it was like a pole near the seat. it swung down i guess and acted as a kickstand. What the heck are those called. i cant find one anywhere. Id like a small one the diameter of a pencil maybe.

thx
chris

ok now im more confused than before. i know what i kickstand is ! Im looking for i guess a telescoping version that mounts near the top of a rear subframe. are we clear now??

Well... I honestly have no idea what youre asking about. I have never seen such a thing. Honestly, anything that thin attached to the top of the subrfame on a bike would snap like a twig. Have any pics of this or is it something you thought up?

i saw it on a Honda cl100 cafe bike. It was about 2 feet long and ran from the back of the gas tank and along the seat pan. It was lined up with the straight lines of the frame. it must have pivoted from about the middle of the bike.

If its what I'm thinking its like the side stands that were fitted to some WW2 M20s and some Matchless'. Where you would come by one is anyone's guess. I think you would make one quicker than you would find one.

Went off to have a quick look. I'm thinking of the BSA M20 desert side stand. Go alibaba.com and type in desert side stand and see if that is what you are looking for.

Hoofhearted said:
If its what I'm thinking its like the side stands that were fitted to some WW2 M20s and some Matchless'. Where you would come by one is anyone's guess. I think you would make one quicker than you would find one.

Went off to have a quick look. I'm thinking of the BSA M20 desert side stand. Go alibaba.com and type in desert side stand and see if that is what you are looking for.

Or ...........just forget it..................................

Took a little bit of looking but here ya go.

4944231921dae74bb1dbz.jpg

By weslake at 2012-03-13

thats what i was referring to. thank you.

The one i was about half the diameter and obviously mounted on a smaller bike. you couldnt even see it because it was tucked under the seat pan.

Whats with all the arrogant asshole responses in this thread. sheesh.

Back
Top Bottom