my take sportster cafe racer build in the uk

this is the bike i am working on .going for fierstone tyres . was allso over at my mate and we made a rear alloy seat pod on is english wheel . made the seat base up got the coil on .battrey box .starting to get ther now .the forks are s rad .sportster hubs .akront rims . going to start the oil tank next .all in all the bike is moving on fast .i fink i got the frame about 5 weeks ago. wayn that makes the frames dropt it off for me all the way from wales .great bloke 2 8) hoping to have this on the road for mid may 8) 8)

Attachments

• IMAG0914.jpg
    IMAG0914.jpg
    1,008 KB · Views: 249
  • IMAG0903.jpg
    IMAG0903.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 255
  • IMAG0944.jpg
    IMAG0944.jpg
    1,007.7 KB · Views: 261
put real tires on it
put the rearsets somewhere that will allow you to control the bike properly
make sure you put the kickstand on the right side unless you only plan on filling the tank 3/4
I'm hoping you plan on getting real rear shocks and respringing and revalving the forks for what's probably a much heavier bike than they came from?
also note that where your shocks mount is further to the fulcrum than normal, and will require a proportionally stiffer sprung and damped shock
not to sound like a dick, but shiny isn't all that does it for me anymore... i live in a world of shiny

that told me ;D thanks for the comments . just playing we stuff just now so willbe moving fings about a bit . i do take on board what your saying .thanks 8) 8)

Definitely one the the better Sporty cafes out there. I dig it. Would be better with 18" wheels.

Swivel said:
19" XL front mag wheels front and rear would work well and look great.You can use 19" rear tires that fit Norton Commandos.
like it 8).as a rule i build the odd bobber not bean around caffe racers long so a bit new to me .so willbe looking and taking advice .
on this build .like you say the rear sets are not right .the tyres are are still what i like but i have 2 sets of rims .so can move up to a 18 on the rear . i have to say allso i love a bike weout paint . my triumph i built was paint less ;D i have put a pick up in the boober bit on the site .again thanks for the comments .ps i spell like shit :-[ ;D 8)

Rockcity, let's be fair... It *is* a Sportster. THe fact that the entire bike isn't plated in chrome and emblazoned with "LIVE TO RIDE RIDE TO LIVE" logos is a considerable improvement. :D

yeah that swinger looks too short. I would make the changes suggested above. That bike is going to be awesome

loving the metal.......!
i agree with swingarm/shocks......
looks killer though!!!!
will certainly turn heads!

started building my exhaust over the last day or 2 .if its one fing i dont like doing is exhaust .i was going to use the supper trap joby like most do .but i wanted it to be a bit of a one off so this is just about what i willbe having . may just move the cans more under the seat .thanks for the comments

IMAG0962.jpg

IMAG0976.jpg

IMAG0971.jpg

IMAG0975.jpg

bit more work on the bike .head light on .new wheels ,made the rear light .oil tank mate up .new shocxs .

Attachments

• IMAG0992.jpg
    IMAG0992.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 223
  • IMAG0991.jpg
    IMAG0991.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 246
  • IMAG1020.jpg
    IMAG1020.jpg
    730.1 KB · Views: 233
  • IMAG1030.jpg
    IMAG1030.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 231
I have been thinking about doing a sportster build lately.... this build really makes me want to get a sporty. That exhaust is sweet-- nice job!! Bike is pure bad-ass.

i like it. i think it looks great and while i am big on performance, i dig other's taste, so keep it up man, looks great, and really clean work, dont mind the critical. build what makes you happy then ride the hell out of it.

ps: this comment is not intended to start an argument with those who expressed opinions so please dont start one. thanks.

great work so far...

do what you like...sure there are better tires, i'm sure there are better handling bikes too. but if you're not looking to race this thing, fuck it and do it your way like you intended to do. keep up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom