www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

OUR ADS ARE FROM SUPPORTERS OF THE COMMUNITY - CONSIDER TURNING YOUR AD-BLOCKER OFF FOR WWW.DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: AMF H-D SS250 + Honda FT500 + Honda CRM250AR....  (Read 3507 times)

Offline Ian B.

Re: AMF H-D SS250 + Honda FT500 + Honda CRM250AR....
« Reply #10 on: Nov 24, 2013, 03:58:27 »
Out of curiosity - since you're cutting everything up anyway, why not build around the frame that already fits the motor?

Hi,

You raise a good point about the CRM frame. I thought about it, but really wanted the AMF-HD frame (road-bike) and AMF registration. If I used the CRM, I would have be registering a Honda. Also the AMF seat / tank / panels etc. can't be made to fit the CRM dirtbike frame without looking kind of ....well....lame. I always preferred the original styling of the AMF-HD 2-strokes, despite the hideously crappy quality. The running gear for the original bikes (brakes / forks etc.) was from a 175 (!) so for a 250 it was right on the limit, which is why beefier FT500 gear was selected. 

The final bike is intended to be the 250LC road bike I wanted at 18 back in 1980, but didn't exist (hence a nod to FT500 running gear as it fits  period). The main intent is an engine swap. To complete the "factory" look I also plan to have the engine casings machined with the "AMF Harley-Davidson" logo. Much more effort, but just seems to meet the final brief this way  :).

Ian B.

Offline Zooker

« Reply #11 on: Nov 25, 2013, 16:27:50 »
This is going to be cool.

Offline JustinLonghorn

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
« Reply #12 on: Nov 25, 2013, 18:43:50 »
Yes, sir. I am on board.
I'm going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

Into The Sunset, CB750 build

TT500 the Animal