www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: Van project / Bus project Page 2 & now camper trailer ;)  (Read 7381 times)

Offline ProSimex

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • RUN SCREAMING!!!
Re: the van remake project
« Reply #10 on: Apr 08, 2012, 09:21:31 »
badass!
"Love is the feelin you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."

"That's got CV's? Take a #2 phillips screwdriver, heat the tip with a torch until cherry red and plunge it into your eye. It will hurt less. Really."- Kopcicle

Offline OpTiCz

« Reply #11 on: Apr 08, 2012, 09:28:46 »
Agreed! Awesome

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Offline haplo_84

« Reply #12 on: Apr 08, 2012, 10:39:49 »
Man i was so drive that van around! Real men can drive pink vans without any issues!
A motorcycle functions entirely in accordance with the laws of reason, and a study of the art of motorcycle maintenance is really a miniature study of the art of rationality itself.  ~Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Offline YogiBear

« Reply #13 on: Apr 08, 2012, 18:21:10 »
that's really cool that your wife got in and got dirty doing the work. the van turned out sweet too

Offline troybilt

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #14 on: Apr 23, 2012, 17:49:03 »
Awesome project!!!! I agree that its cool that your wife got involved! She seems like a keeper!! ;)
and the van turned out vantastic! ;D
"One should not be too distracted by definitions. Ideas transcend definitions." — Neil deGrasse Tyson

"And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." — Ray Wylie Hubbard

“There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.”
— Hindu Proverb

Offline andycafe

• Northern Suburbs, Melbourne Victoria, Australia
Re: the van remake project/ the bus remake project Pg 2
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 08:36:22 »
Thanks for all your comments guy's I'm glad you like the little pink terror (lol) yes I am lucky that my Wife likes to get involved with these
projects. It is a great way of us spending some meaningful time together! At first I wondered if she got it, cause she would say can't we just get a new one LOL, but now she gets it!

Anyway since you liked the Van build I thought I would carry it on with our next project which upsized to a minibus and rather than start a new thread I will add it to this so here you go.

Offline JustinLonghorn

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 08:40:52 »
Awesome, man.
I'm going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

Into The Sunset, CB750 build

TT500 the Animal

Offline andycafe

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 08:52:02 »
So here we go again this time the subject is Mazda t3500, I wanted this model because not only does it have the motorised side door but also 2 front doors, heaps better access. It took a couple of years of looking but I finally found one with the right mileage and owner history (Christian Children School then Retirement village) to we picked her up having the seats already removed (time/effort saver) no rust, straight and ready for some love! so here are some pic's of how she started, cheers Andy.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2016, 06:36:18 by andycafe »

Offline andycafe

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 09:01:12 »
So the first thing I needed to check when I got it home was the floor since their made out of Plywood! So what did I find all in all not to bad but a couple of rotten spots and only 8mm thick plus it looked like a patch work of left overs so it had to be replaced with a 12mm thick deal.. one of those things were now I know it's good!

Offline DesmoBro

• Busted Nut
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 11:49:52 »
Plywood floor....silly Mazda plywood is for shed's
"I desire the things that will destroy me in the end"