New From Toronto

DavidBlaine

Out Riding the ol' Kawi
Hey Guys,

Picked up a 82' Kawasaki 750 LTD twin for a great price in awesome shape. Wanted to get some ideas from the members. What do you think?

IMG-20120412-00118.jpg

I wonder how it would handle with some lower bars??

David

Seriously nobody? I thought there were a bunch of locals on here. I know Tim lives close to me somewhere. I am trying to figure out whether changing the bars is going to adversely affect my handling.

David

that bike is awesome you can basically do it up however you want I'm turning my KZ750 into a fish check it out in the tank and seats section

Welcome Mr. Blaine. :)

You've got a good platform to start with there. You could go in any number of directions! 8)

Good luck choosing! :eek: ;D

Great bike, great to see more Kawasakies in this Honda-infected society ;)

I would clearly go with draglike handlebars on a bike like yours, maybe do something bobberlike?

Hey - looking forward to seeing the bike on the road - maybe this Thursday at Tim Hortons - Lakeshore / Leslie - traditional bike night meeting place.

The frame looks like it has good potential for a drop-seat style do-over.

I would love to come out to one of the meets. This Thursday sounds good as the weather should be happy for a change. Thanks again for the warm welcome guys. What time do you usually get together?

An update, my multimeter is acting stupid (showing wrong values for some reason) so I have to go get another when I get the time. I checked it out with the incorrect values (it was showing like 16 volts for some reason) and determined that the battery is charging on the bike, it's just not holding the charge. New battery is coming when I get paid next. Until then I will just keep it on the tender every night.

I haven't been able to trace the ground issue yet regarding the right turn signal but hopefully over the next couple nights I can sneak into the garage and figure that out as well.

I did polish her up this weekend as well and I have to say she's looking very good right now. Hope to see some of you on Thursday night at Tim's.

David

Back
Top Bottom