Spent a few minutes testing today. Heres where im at:
- Testing the wires coming out of the ign switch, red is hot and blk is hot with the switch on. That is working properly.
- On the starter solenoid, with positive on the multimeter on the positive of the battery, I have 5.7v coming from the starter wire side of the solenoid as well as 5.7v at where the wire meets the starter. I get no voltage drop when I push the starter button and the black lead is touching the positive terminal on the solenoid (this is what I think the problem is)
- With the ign switch on, y/r wire gets 5.7v when the start switch is pushed in.
- The resistance between the two wires on the solenoid is ~1.1/1.2.
- Lastly, with a lead attached to the positive side of the solenoid, when I touch the other side of that lead to the starter wire, I get a minimal spark but the starter motor doesn't jump.
I think either the solenoid is bad (but can't find readings I need to verify this) or the starter motor needs to be rebuilt. Other than that, the only thing i can think of is the neutral switch. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD