Since we gutted the original wire harness (it was pretty rotted anyway) We have to make a new harness. Here's a few comments about the electrical system:
Headlight and associated indicators run on AC like the original but running 12V lamps to prevent spikes from blowing them out. (common problem on the original 1979 QT that didn't have an AC regulator)
Remaining lights run off a 6V DC system. The original didn't have a regulator on DC either and I'm adding a regulator/rectifier of my own design to protect the battery from over voltage since I'm hoping we will be getting much higher RPM.
We pulled the oil pump from the engine and are running premix, since the oil pumps have a tendancy to dump way too much oil in at higher rpm. We are not using the start computer either so the schematic is greatly simplified. The 1979 didn't have the computer anyway and none of them really need it.
Here's pretty much what it will be. I still have a few wire labels to add but other than that I think it's correct. I might post the details of the regulator/rectifier later after I prove my design.
I've got to take a trip to Anaheim for most of this week and I don't think Kwazy will have a chance to do much this week either so more progress will have to wait until next weekend unless I get a bit done yet tonight or tomorrow evening.