Over 1,000 Posts
Rear sets I'll be working on, from a 2004 GSXR 600:

rearsetsGSXRbrakepedal.jpg

rearsetsGSXRshifter.jpg

GSXRbluepegs.jpg

Re: My Rearsets.

Just took some pix in the backyard:

DSC00814.jpg

Here on the shifter you might be able to see where I started with the wire wheel, starting from the left end to almost half way along the shifter:
DSC00815.jpg

DSC00816.jpg

It is a good deal, and I'd like to.

Guess I was hoping you were giving them away, hahah.

BUT, I cant afford to spend 40 bucks (assuming shipping to NL is only $10) on anything other than Oil and Carb kits right now (I really am a poor student).

If you still have em when I get the bike on the street then I'll def be interested.

78kz said:
Just took some pix in the backyard:

DSC00814.jpg

Here on the shifter you might be able to see where I started with the wire wheel, starting from the left end to almost half way along the shifter:
DSC00815.jpg

DSC00816.jpg

Mind a shipping quote to Regina, Saskatchewan, S4X 4A6? If you need a address shoot me a PM. Thanks

I may have another buyer for them. I'll let you know.

Update: Have been sold.

Thanks anyway man.

My funds are shifted to another possible bike purchase now :)

And I appreciate the offor, it was a good deal.

Well I fianlly got the GSXR peg sets, after a month of shipping to a buddy in the USA (seller doesn't ship to Canada ::) ) then reaching me.
Only thing is the right side is missing the Master Cylinder, Resevoir, hoses and mounting bolts. :mad:
I emailed the seller and he informs me that his shipper removed them. WTF!
He will get them to me ASAP. Although still not shipped directly to Canada. :(

A little anxious to get them on, I installed the left side last night. Just a few mods, but easy to do. I will be riding a little funny for a while, with one changed and one not.

Before:
DSC00881.jpg

After:
DSC00924.jpg

Wicked setup. Looks like the left had an ideal mounting position - same not true for the brake-side?

The brake side will mount up in the same position on the right side. Just have to space it out from the frame a little more to clear the master cylinder and brake light switch.
I will need to rebuild the caliper as I'm switching from DOT5 (whats in the caliper at the moment) to DOT4 as thats what the GSXR uses.

So these are the OEM units off of a GSXR 600? As you own a KZ do you know if these will be compatible with a 400? With my cafe bars on, and hoping to have a solo seat soon, these will really be a must for cruising around.

Realistically what kind of work might be at to get these on my 40. I have access to a bit of fab equippment, and the old lady keeps my bike budget a bit tight.

Yes they are the OEM units off a '04 GSXR600. I'm sure they can be made to fit a KZ400, but the rear brake is a Drum on the 400 if I'm not mistaken, which would be a different set up altogether as the GSXR is a disk and has the master cylinder mounted on the peg bracket.
You could probably make some kind of linkages to the drum, but the design of the brake attachment makes the brake movement an upwards movement, where you would want a forward pull movement for a drum brake.
I'd search around how others have set up a drum type linkage.

The VF1000R pegs I've got showing above would work well for a drum type brake, as the brakes linkage connection is on top and pulls forward when the brake lever is applied.

What year did they come off of? And I assume these are front controls you bolted to the rear, correct?

They are off a 2004 GSXR600.
They are the front pegs/controls mounted to the frame just above and back a little from where the stock front pegs mounted, on the flat area of the frame down tubes, just in front of the frame's round section. One mounting bolt just above the swingarm pivot bolt, the other just below. The backswept mounting bracket moves them backwards nicely.

Some pix for the second page:

DSC00881.jpg

DSC00924.jpg

The ebay add said 1984 VF1000R. I have since found on another board that they may have actually been Raask pegs.
They have since been sold to a member here.

Back
Top Bottom