www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: New TT Leathers Style Jacket  (Read 5896 times)

Offline Rookster

• Dunstall Honda Blog
New TT Leathers Style Jacket
« on: May 27, 2012, 08:13:05 »
Has anyone bought one of these on ebay?

The real TT Leathers jackets never seem to come up in adult sizes.  I probably already know the deal on this jacket but am hoping its not made from the same stuff purses are made from.  Anyone have any info on leather quality, thickness, and fit while on a bike?

Thanks
Scott

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
Re: New TT Leathers Style Jacket
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 09:10:28 »
A link to the actual coat on EBay would help.
Like a river that don't know where it's flowin'
I took a wrong turn and just kept goin'

Offline Rookster

• Dunstall Honda Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 20:01:19 »
Link to ebay auction:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brando-Bikers-Black-Motorcycle-Leather-Jacket-Racer-Punk-Vintage-Cow-Hide-/160688153492?_trksid=m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8721338852658832889

These are the same people who sell the movie replica coats which probably makes them fashion items and not actual motorcycle clothing.  The optional CE armor is interesting though.

Scott

Offline Rookster

• Dunstall Honda Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 09:40:32 »
I contacted the seller and inquired about the thickness of the leather.  The jacket is made with 1.1 mm cowhide but said they could upgrade to 1.3 upon request.  A 1.3 mm cowhide jacket with CE approved armor seems like a respectable motorcycle jacket.  I may be getting one of these.

Scott

Offline T1M

« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2012, 21:55:44 »
A member here did a write up on that exact jacket.  Looks like its pretty good quality minus the zippers and optional armor...

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=24152.0

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #5 on: Jun 13, 2012, 22:04:30 »
T1M... Who are you? Are you TIM the overlord of DTTs alter, math loving ego? Spill the beans...

;)
Like a river that don't know where it's flowin'
I took a wrong turn and just kept goin'

Offline T1M

« Reply #6 on: Jun 16, 2012, 14:32:12 »
T1M... Who are you? Are you TIM the overlord of DTTs alter, math loving ego? Spill the beans...

;)

Wish I could say yes to any of that.  The truth though is that I am just another DTT lurker with a bike that is slowly coming together and nothing better to do than memorize all of the leather jacket threads   :P

Offline Rookster

• Dunstall Honda Blog
« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2012, 19:13:10 »
Thanks Tim.  After reading the review I have talked myself out of buying one of these jackets.  I have a few modern riding jackets and want to hold out for a real vintage jacket.

Scott
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2012, 19:15:13 by Rookster »

Offline Swapmeet Louie

• Put some metal in yer eye....
« Reply #8 on: Jun 18, 2012, 19:18:12 »
that states "cow hide". True leathers are horse hide, it's 10x's tuffer.
" an opinion form someone who knows not of which he speaks is worse than worthless" TEAZER

"Carb tuning is a black art. It's voodoo(sic), scientiology and comet worship all rolled into a pile. There's is no blue pill, it's a matter of taking the time and earning the bloody knuckles. " Swagger

Offline Rookster

• Dunstall Honda Blog
« Reply #9 on: Jun 18, 2012, 19:58:20 »
No not really.  Just about every modern motorcycle jacket is made out of cow hide or somer other hide, but not horse.  Horse hide is like selvidge jeans, old school materials that are way overpriced today to fit some "culture".  Jeans aren't selvidge anymore and motorcycle jackets aren't horse hide anymore.  I think road racers wear real leathers and they sure aren't made from horses.  BTW have you actually seen data that rated horse hide 10 times "tuffer" than cow hide of simillar thickness?  What exactly is "tuff"?  Are we talking abrasion resistance at certain speeds or tensile strength or looks?

Anyway, I just bought this instead as it fit my needs (vintage and adult sized):

Scott