www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Board tracker bobber  (Read 8957 times)

Offline cafecustom720

Re: Board tracker bobber
« Reply #10 on: Jul 13, 2012, 00:45:34 »
Some really cool ideas. I'm on board

Offline troybilt

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #11 on: Jul 13, 2012, 00:51:45 »
Glad to see the dust come off this one Joe. Sucks about the trees but with so many out there hopefully you'll be able to source some for cheap. Anxious to see what you end up doing with the frame etc
"One should not be too distracted by definitions. Ideas transcend definitions." — Neil deGrasse Tyson

"And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." — Ray Wylie Hubbard

“There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.”
— Hindu Proverb

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #12 on: Jul 13, 2012, 11:04:42 »
Thanks Troy... been a long time coming huh! hahaha... what can i say, Willow inspired me!

well yesterday i had some "dad" stuff to do with the wife... Tim was in the shop and got some more done on the frame... it is coming along nicely so far!!!

no need to keep the crash bar mount

then since we are going to be running the smaller tank alot more of the frame will show... and the metal work is UGLY... so to clean it up, alot of the areas where filled

Before:

Durring:

after:

then the seams needed to be addressed as we can not have big gaps in the frame, that will look horrible under the powder

before:

after:

then the rear swingarm/exhaust hanger was up next... now this is not completed yet... but is all tacked in... we are still not 100% how the exhaust is going to be made and if we will need a support back there or not... so it is a work in progress still but here is where that sits

what was cut off

here she sits
Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline andycafe

• Northern Suburbs, Melbourne Victoria, Australia
« Reply #13 on: Jul 14, 2012, 05:19:34 »
Flying along boys, loving the progress on this build! cant wait to see it all mocked up and i love the bell light idea, may have to use that one joe!  ;)

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #14 on: Jul 16, 2012, 13:04:19 »
smoothed out the frame and began to finish buttoning up the area that is left on the frame

then started to smooooooth out the frame

pic of how the tank fits (yes the petcocks are being moved)

then we moved on to head light

mount welded in

and an old set of vintage risers i found in my dads basement... these will really clean up the top of the trees!
Joe
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline friggs

• PhotoBucket Album
« Reply #15 on: Jul 16, 2012, 13:24:54 »
Man I can't wait to see how this turns out!
Current ride: '06 Buell XB9SX

Projects: Not quite there but I have a pranged '76 CB550 I need to collect from my old man's place 750km away and then also busy searching for a good condition CB550 or CB750 to work on.  -> Sorted, it has begun!

Offline beachcomber

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • TJ - Beachcomber
« Reply #16 on: Jul 16, 2012, 13:36:32 »
I'm just loving this build - a little enginuity and a lot of vision - fantastic.
BTW - those bars look spot on for my own Cafe-Creme Boardtrackerish thing - stock Honda ?
"if at first you don't succeed, you've already been a failure once"

" we're not going back to the sixties - we never left "

"yep, nostalgia ain't what it used to be"

"I used to be indecisive - now I'm not so sure"

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #17 on: Jul 16, 2012, 13:39:37 »
they are stock royal enfield bars just flipped thanks man
Joe
www.thepowderpro.com

Offline zero

« Reply #18 on: Jul 16, 2012, 15:35:38 »
looks good so far!
Sucks about the triple trees. It is such a crap shoot when buying a used front end. I have had 3 front ends that I picked up used end up being tweaked.

Offline Cafe Redneck

« Reply #19 on: Jul 16, 2012, 18:41:03 »
This looks interesting, tagging along for the build.