Project Trinda

9b661fd0debe11e2801622000aaa0aaf_7.jpg

warning to friends running a wet primary drive:
If your primary leaks oil you WILL cook your stator and end up on the side of the highway.
cfaabbeae9a711e2a59b22000a9f3c66_7.jpg

2c661f90e9ae11e2a91a22000a9e089b_7.jpg

I need to copy your rear fender. Do you have any idea where it's from? Trying to do the ribbed fender on a budget.

Rich Ard said:
I need to copy your rear fender. Do you have any idea where it's from? Trying to do the ribbed fender on a budget.

I know exactly what it's from - it's from a pre-unit triumph and is the most valuable part on the entire bike, oddly enough. Probably not the best way to go in regard to a budget build, but I got mine for free, and it's kind of funny to stick it to the purists by running it on such a stupid frankenbike.

SONICJK said:
It looks, uh, comfortable :eek:

Love the tank

It actually isn't bad at all. The worst thing is not having rubber foot peg covers and handlebar mounts - those Triumph engineers cheated on insulating the rider from the buzz. The riding position is actually great because you can sit upright, or slide back on the biltwell banana for the aero tuck.

Everyone seems to love the tank when it was actually just a short cut because I ran out of money to finish the thing and I needed to protect it from the elements. Everything else that's black is powdercoated. Eventually the stickers are coming off, but not till I get a nice chunk of change.

MJPriceisright said:
not sure if someone had asked already, but hows the heat around your left ankle area?

In that picture I'm actually slid back in the seat farther than I ordinarily would be so I could tuck down. It looks like it dumps right onto my bare ankle. It's actually a few inches behind it. Even so, I don't even notice the slightest warmth. The pipe doesn't even get hot because of the reducer I put in.

p. 7 http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=39224.90
dscn0580dd.jpg

Before the reducer the pipes get super hot, but after it the flow is so restricted and the surrounding pipe so large a diameter that the wind does a good job cooling it. A few inches after the merge, the pipe is nice and cool, but pre-merge is a skin sizzler. The exhaust IS hot on a passenger though. She wears her equestrian leather riding boots and it works for shorter rides. this obviously isn't a passenger-friendly build.

Back
Top Bottom