www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: The XS, and the Sidecar of Death  (Read 53259 times)

Offline Kanticoy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Mad Science!
Re: Re: The Dnepr and the Sidecar of Death
« Reply #20 on: Sep 17, 2012, 13:30:28 »
Let me see what I can get together, I'm sure I have a mess of NOS gaskets and seals you could have.

awesome! Just let me know dude.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I get not knowing, but I can't for the life of me understand not trying. It's only metal it can be fixed. Man up and risk a mistake in exchange for a lesson.
'

Offline JohnGoFast

• DTT SUPPORTER
Re: The Dnepr and the Sidecar of Death
« Reply #21 on: Sep 19, 2012, 10:32:03 »
Small progress, and documenting..

Offline NDG

« Reply #22 on: Sep 19, 2012, 11:14:03 »
My word, that thing is awesome! What year? Love the sidecar! Does it really only have 2,700 miles, or did I read that wrong?

Offline JohnGoFast

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #23 on: Sep 19, 2012, 13:22:50 »
Well, the speedo has 2700 on it. The motor and the car is between 1958 and 1963, the rest is somewhere in the late 70's early 80's. Most of the parts between the models were interchangable for 30 years.

Internals looked really good, I can't even see any wearing in the cylinders. Top end can be upgraded and will be replaced along with seals, gaskets, and bearings.

Offline JustinLonghorn

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
« Reply #24 on: Sep 19, 2012, 13:42:46 »
Rad.
I'm going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

Into The Sunset, CB750 build

TT500 the Animal

Offline JohnGoFast

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #25 on: Sep 22, 2012, 20:03:01 »
Another late night.

Offline john83

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #26 on: Sep 22, 2012, 21:51:24 »
Pretty awesome!

Offline JohnGoFast

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #27 on: Sep 25, 2012, 13:22:39 »
I will be sending fasteners and a few bits from a full restor project to Burbank Plating in California to be Zinc or Cadmium plated. The minimum order is $150 and two or three motorcycles wouldn't even bump up the price from the quantity I have. If someone wants to get some fasteners replated, they could ship them to me in a flat rate USPS box for under $10 and go in $60 on the plating and return shipping.. I'll be doing this about before the end of October and they will be back in less than two weeks. (5 days last time I used them)

http://burbankplating.com/
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2012, 17:59:31 by JohnGoFast »

Offline buzznichols

« Reply #28 on: Sep 25, 2012, 14:24:17 »
I will be sending fasteners and a few bits from a full restor project to Burbank Plating in California to be Zinc or Cadmium plated. The minimum order is $150 and two or three motorcycles wouldn't even bump up the price from the quantity I have. If someone wants to get some fasteners replated, they could ship them to me in a flat rate USPS box for under $10 and go in $60 on the plating and return shipping.. I'll be doing this about before the end of October and they will be back in less than a week. (5 days last time I used them)

http://burbankplating.com/

Man, what a great idea!  This kind of thing might be a good idea for an ongoing thread, so all the DTT folk can cash in on group rates on plating.  Unfortunately, I'm not ready at the moment to jump in, but when I do, I'm definitely going to follow your lead and use the "buddy system."

Beautiful machine; I'll be watching closely.
"Guess what, daddy.  Boys have a penis, and girls have an agenda!"  - Hank Nichols, age 3

Offline JohnGoFast

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #29 on: Sep 25, 2012, 14:30:37 »
Yeah, I just thought it was a waste last time I did plating and had 1/4 of the weight/size that's starts to change the pricing above the minimum. I've even saved a ton of fasterns from bikes that I parted over the last two years just to have them replated and keep some stock or backups..
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2012, 14:50:23 by JohnGoFast »