www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: my new cb450 fatt brat traker new build  (Read 8416 times)

my new cb450 fatt brat traker new build
« on: Sep 03, 2012, 17:04:11 »
hi ther ,this is my brat build ,traker , my name is shaun im over in the uk ,built bikes befor choppers bobbers cafe racers and so on ,, i started the build about 4 weeks back now i have around 3 full days work in it upto now , 1st was to sort a wider swingarm out then make the rear loop the battery box was the next to make ,i dropt on a old cl 450 tank as the cb tanks are a bit big , so got the mallat out and pu the indents in the sides , i did nnot whant the crapy filler cap so i put one of my repop  :lol:  8-) model t caps on there , one of the 1st fings to sort out was the rims and hubs to powder coat as i new this was going to slow the build down , i was going to use cocker tyres but i add a set of firestones left over from a build so used thes ,made the seat base ,the bike is not far off from striping for paint , the engine well i cleand the carbs set the points and new oil and plugs and starts and runs great  :shock: but im going to strip it and have a good look inside and reapaint it , im happy how the build is going .thanks for looking , my spelling is not good but i have a go ps i no fat wheels are not to all tastes but i like them  ;D

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: my new cb450 fatt brat traker new build
« Reply #1 on: Sep 03, 2012, 17:19:41 »
You're a Brit right?  In which case you know better than to use those stupid teflon tyres. WTF were you thinking? 

I'm not really that annoyed or angry or nasty - I just wanted to make a point and sometimes it gets lost if I'm too polite :-)  I just hate those tires.  They are just so bad in terms of grip and handling and wet weather - don't even think about it. It used to rain a lot when I lived in the UK.  Maybe climate change dried things up so that rain is no longer an issue.

Is that a slabbie of RGV subrfame in the background by any chance?

I realize that it's probably not your daily rider but to me, those tyres are the antithesis of cafe racer design intent.

« Reply #2 on: Sep 03, 2012, 17:38:47 »
You're a Brit right?  In which case you know better than to use those stupid teflon tyres. WTF were you thinking? 

I'm not really that annoyed or angry or nasty - I just wanted to make a point and sometimes it gets lost if I'm too polite :-)  I just hate those tires.  They are just so bad in terms of grip and handling and wet weather - don't even think about it. It used to rain a lot when I lived in the UK.  Maybe climate change dried things up so that rain is no longer an issue.

Is that a slabbie of RGV subrfame in the background by any chance?

I realize that it's probably not your daily rider but to me, those tyres are the antithesis of cafe racer design intent.
haha i new that the tyres will always get shit but realy i dont give a shit  ;D for one its just for going in and out of town ,not building the bike to race  :o i just like to build what i like if thats ok ,but fiel free to have a go about the firestones  :D and yes mate its a slabbie frame send me the postige over and its yours for free and it as a number and v5  8)

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #3 on: Sep 03, 2012, 18:13:23 »
Postage UK to the US?  Well maybe I'll pass this time.  Thanks though. ;D

Offline gingerXlightning

« Reply #4 on: Sep 04, 2012, 00:43:12 »
Man this thing is sick! Those tires are a bit played out but they do LOOK good. I'm going to eventually do a 16" conversion or the front of my 550. Fat tires are sick.

Gonna run some Firestone ANS's though. What Cokers were you going to get?
'74 CB450 Brat/Tracker

"Not putting miles on your bike is like not having sex with your Girl Friend so she'll be more desirable to her next Boy Friend."

"Opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one and they all stink."

Offline M.B Co

« Reply #5 on: Sep 04, 2012, 13:51:13 »
Yummy.

Offline onelifematt

• Nothing Routine
    • Nothing Routine
« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 2012, 01:32:13 »
What kind of bars are those bad boys?
Matt Lee