www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: Salzburg '73 CB350 - Summer Riding Update  (Read 32578 times)

Offline MatthiasSalzburg

---Official old fart---

Offline timdaugherty

Great thread! Keep those pics coming. When you get to the point of striping your tank and seat, I would be interested to see some pics on how you do it (e.g. type of tape, how you taped it, etc.). Are you using a spray gun or rattle can? If can, what brand?

Tim

Offline MatthiasSalzburg

Great thread! Keep those pics coming. When you get to the point of striping your tank and seat, I would be interested to see some pics on how you do it (e.g. type of tape, how you taped it, etc.). Are you using a spray gun or rattle can? If can, what brand?

Tim

I'll probably use my HVLP.  I've used it to paint my cars and airplane with single stage paint, but never done detailed striping work before.  I think I'll do 2 stage paint this time so I can lay down a think layer of clear to wet sand and buff.
---Official old fart---

Offline Katana2665

Nice thread and great work on the seat/tank. Good luck with the rest of the build.

Offline MatthiasSalzburg

I think I'll either buy some Ninja front rotor bolts or make some sleeves out of tubing to space the rotor to some 6mm bolts.

Stock EX500 rotor bolts are shouldered.  10mm shoulder with 8mm threads.
---Official old fart---

Offline LtGeorge

Re: Salzburg '73 CB350 - First Build - Update: Frame work
« Reply #45 on: Nov 29, 2012, 11:29:59 »
Only a slight amount.  I mainly modified the frame.  I ground down the top seam and welded it shut.  I also ground down the two tank mount studs about 1/4" and narrowed the stock rubber mounts.

Do you think I could get away with just beating the seam down? grinding and welding back together are a bit farther than my skill set allows me to go

Offline MatthiasSalzburg

Re: Salzburg '73 CB350 - First Build - Update: Frame work
« Reply #46 on: Nov 29, 2012, 14:40:54 »
Do you think I could get away with just beating the seam down? grinding and welding back together are a bit farther than my skill set allows me to go

I really don't see how you could beat down that seam.  It's very thick metal.  You could probably grind it down to the top of the pinch welds and then beat in the bottom of the tank.
---Official old fart---

Offline LtGeorge

would that weaken the frame any?

Offline broncoboy79

Salzburg '73 CB350 - First Build - Update: Primer on Tank & Tail
« Reply #48 on: Nov 29, 2012, 16:25:20 »
Yes. Do it the right way and be done with it.
Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing and become nothing.

Offline Easyduzit

Nice build so far.  Will def keep watching the progress.