1978 Suzuki GS750 Cafe - Concours nut 'n' bolt resto

danejurrous said:
Where did you get your fork brace?

Micron mate

DSCN1213_zpsce4d027c.jpg

Excellent build and pics. Glad you brought it back up, it gave me a couple ideas. I like the way you did the back end and tail light mount.

Few little updates from this weekend.

Harrison Billet (www.billet.co.uk) made me a bespoke carrier for the rear calliper. We had to fabricate a pick up for the torque arm, this was done by picking up on the rear of the 2 mounting point and coming up to a bushed location as shown.

Jobs to do: bleed brakes, mount no plate and get the decals applied. Should be ready in time for the Southern Classic Bike Show at Kempton Park UK on the 25th May.... I'm hoping it'll be her maiden voyage! 8)

DSCN1477.jpg

DSCN1479.jpg

DSCN1484.jpg

DSCN1496.jpg

DSCN1490.jpg

DSCN1503.jpg

how does she sound with the Vance and Hines 4 into 1, looking at possibly getting one, they certainly look better than the MAC 4 into 1s

rickcorp said:
how does she sound with the Vance and Hines 4 into 1, looking at possibly getting one, they certainly look better than the MAC 4 into 1s

+1

Gorgeous build, man. Can't wait to hear it!

Really nicely done!

I'm a little concerned by the lack of rear inner fender and those velocity stacks.

Considering how liquid the weather can be it seems you could be ingesting some water with every puddle...

I'd hate to see such wonderful work jeopardized by mother nature!

Cheers bro, duly noted.... wasn't planning for rain, although I see the dilemma! ;D

Bozz said:
Really nicely done!

I'm a little concerned by the lack of rear inner fender and those velocity stacks.

Considering how liquid the weather can be it seems you could be ingesting some water with every puddle...

I'd hate to see such wonderful work jeopardized by mother nature!

I've only ran it up once since the rebuild and it sounded sweet, I'll defo get some vids posted up once she's running tho. 8)

rickcorp said:

Today was a beautiful day in the UK.... :D

Managed to get the tank decals applied this morning, plus a few finishing bits. Final jobs to do include getting the brakes bled and number plate mounted... just waiting for Goodridge to shorten my rear hose. Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics, keen to know what you think of the decals - my dads and my initials in AJS style italics :8

And finally, the obligatory poser shot....

Beautiful ride, man. It's nice to see someone doing it right, rather then just throwing some clubmans on there and calling it a cafe. I'm putting the finishing touches on a '77 gs750, though nowhere near as shinny as yours. I've slacked on the build thread, but will update soon. My only complaint regarding your build is the left side exhaust mount that sits in the air with no purpose. I chopped those off mine (right and left) and it really cleaned up the look of the rear. I realize your V&H exhaust is mounted to the right side one...
I'd love to hear your impressions of the performance. You've got some many sweet upgrades! Well done. What a great project for you and your Dad! Time to do another one?

GS750cafe said:
Beautiful ride, man. It's nice to see someone doing it right, rather then just throwing some clubmans on there and calling it a cafe. I'm putting the finishing touches on a '77 gs750, though nowhere near as shinny as yours. I've slacked on the build thread, but will update soon. My only complaint regarding your build is the left side exhaust mount that sits in the air with no purpose. I chopped those off mine (right and left) and it really cleaned up the look of the rear. I realize your V&H exhaust is mounted to the right side one...
I'd love to hear your impressions of the performance. You've got some many sweet upgrades! Well done. What a great project for you and your Dad! Time to do another one?

Thanks for the feedback mate. I look forward to seeing a few of your build pics.

I contemplated cutting the frame as you mentioned, although wasn't sure it I would fit a single/dual pipe at the time, and also I know plan to use the location as a pick up point for a paddock stand. I'm looking to getting her run-in and performance tested, will defo be back with some videos and road test results :8

Dec

Back
Top Bottom