"Marks can be changed at any point by the mark caller if deemed to be un-obtainable by the general population"
This is a very popular thread on another site - I can take no credit for it. Lets start one on our Do The Ton site!
You find the item, (MARK), called for and take a picture of it with your bike. If you are the first person to get the mark you get to call the next one.
Rules are simple:
1. All pictures MUST include your bike with the "mark". If your bike isn't in the picture it does NOT count.
2. All marks must be clearly visible in picture.
3. Once a picture of the mark with your bike is posted in this thread, the person who posted the mark first gets to call the next mark.
4. No law breaking allowed, including trespassing to get a mark. It has to be accessible to anyone.
5. No pictures, paintings or other facsimiles of the mark in the photo. It has to be the real thing, NO Photoshop type stuff.
6. Once you get a mark and call the next one, someone else has to get that mark before you can hit one again. You can't call and then get your own mark.
7. ALL MARKS WILL RECEIVE A 7 DAY TIME LIMIT. If you call for a mark and it is not found within this time period, you will then need to call for another (preferably easier) mark.
8. The picture of the mark must be a new picture, one taken just for the Scavenger Hunt, after the mark is called.
* Keep it interesting, so no silly stuff like a fence or a dog - use your imagination and your bike to get to it.
Also, naming a mark like the Washington Monument means 99% won't be able to get it. Make your marks accessible to most of our members and international members if possible.
This is for fun and enjoyment only. It's all about getting out and riding!!
So, get ready - here's the first one:
Since so many of you are doing cafe racers, the first mark is:
It must have the word "Cafe" in the sign.
Good luck! I hope this goes over here as good as it has on another motorcycle site I frequent.
I will try to keep the completed MARKS listed here>
3. statue of a soldier
4. Bike in motion
7. Mobile home
8. an older bike
9. a non flying aircraft on stactic display
10. red carpet
12. Santa (Not Completed)
13. a car from the same decade
14. bell, larger than a basketball
15. a girl directly from your bikes country of origin...must have been born there. (Not Completed)
16. Santa (again, not completed)
18. ride for 15 min., stop and take a picture
19. nativity scene
20. bike on a bridge with a sign showing the name of the waterway the bridge crosses.
21. statue of an animal
23. Subaru dealer
24. Your bike pointing down an open road. NO OTHER VEHICLES CAN BE IN THE SHOT
25. Historical Marker
26. Your bike behind a cop car with it's lights/strobes on (not completed)
27. Bike in the reflection of a storefront or puddle
28. bike with something cold (but not snow unless you're out riding
29. bike in front of a small local Hispanic joint. No mainstream place and Taco Bell
30. bike in front of a Postal vehicle of the snail mail kind
31. a pic in a restaurant parking lot with a "Killer Rack" mounted on your bike! (can't be Hooters Redbird).
32. Your bike and any form of birth control
33. on the shore of a body of water.. Lake front, bay front, beach
34.your bike in a parking lineup of at least 4 Harley's. BTW it can't be at the Harley shop
35. Your bike paired with a vintage car 60s or older. It can't be a beater
36. bike parked in front of shop fronts (or any commercial signage) written in two (or more) languages.
37. bike parked in front of a "short bus"
38. a "Welcome To" sign from a city or town with a pre-1900's date showing
39.your bike next to the worlds largest ___________. you fill in the blank
40. Your bike next to a sign that proclaims that location as the "_____ Capital of the World
41.Your bike parked in front of something from a movie. A location, building, people
42.Your bike on the side of the road with nothing but farm fields in the background
43. "A Welcome To" sign from a town or city with a date showing incorporated pre 1800...... N/C
44. a plain "Welcome To Sign" from your State (or Country if your outside the US. N/C
45. a dead tree
46. Bike in front of a Police car with the lights flashing. (Retry of previous incompleted mark) COMPLETED
47.Your bike and a sunrise or sunset.....................(Both sunrise & sunset marks have been met)
48. Your bike with a neon sign in the background
49. Your bike with community pool sign or water park sign in the background.
50. Your bike and an icecream shop
51. your bike and grafitti
52. Your bike and a boat in the water. Can't be a toy boat
53. Your favorite coffee house or diner, gotta be a mom & pop kind of place
54. Your bike and a log home or building
55. Your bike and a Rest Area, Scenic Overlook or a Picnic Area sign.
56. An Airport, small regional a bonus
57. A Funny/Odd/Ironic/Hilarious street sign
58. Haunted House
59. Vacant building, all boarded up
60. Military Installation
61. Flag Pole
62. Ice Cream Shop
63. A garage sale sign
64. A book store
65. A church with a steeple or bell tower
66. An animal shelter
67. A town or city court house, city hall or town hall
68. A local burger joint (no large chain places)
69. Favorite bar sign
70. A tractor
71. An abandonded vehicle
72. Your bike next to some sort of really nice car. Restored something or other.
73. A Veterans Memorial Park
74. A tombstone with a date of death pre 1900
75. A state or national park sign
76. A white picket fence
77. A topiary, WTF is a topiary you say?
Its a shrub, trimmed up to look like an animal or object.
78. A brick or cobblestone road
79. The sign for a trailer park. (the nastier the better)
80.Three or more mailboxes grouped together
81. Rock that is taller than your bike
82. In a loading dock
83. Drive in resturant, A&W, Dog's & Sud's, etc.
84. Red Box Kiosk
85. Theater Marquee ( any movie theater, playhouse, double points for drive in theater )
86. Someone in Cosplay. (Look It Up) N/C
87. A bowling ally sign
88. A winding road sign
89. Abandonded bridge
90. School house thats at least 100 years old
91. Fraternity House with the word/symbol Delta on it
92. Mailbox that doesn't look like a normal, standard USPS mailbox
94. Pre 1950 automobile the same color as your bike
95. Statue of a person
96. Real live baby
98. Tattoo shop
99. Your bike sitting next to a building with a rock wall
100. A horse drawn wagon, carriage or buggy (Horse is optional)
101. Water well or wishing well
102. A train station or depot
103. Airport runway
104. Race track
106. Public water fountain
107. Any mark that has been previously called! Claimed or not.
108. Train locomotive
109. Steam operated apparatus
110. Old fashioned diner
111. The gaudiest strip club imaginable. Bonus points if you have an employee astride your steed
112. An obelisk
113. Wrong way sign
114. Construction crane
115. Road closed sign
116. Million dollar view
117. You and your buddies riding together N/C
118. Hot dog vendor
119. Your bike catching air, N/C
120. The ugliest person you can find, N/C
121. In front of a broken window
122. A halloween sign, N/C
Next Mark: In front of a cell phone store